Monday, February 14, 2005

Simon's First Tooth


Simon's First Tooth is Coming In!

Well, the tooth is barely showing over the gums, but it is definitely there and definitely sharp. The tooth was discovered on Saturday morning during the ladies luncheon at church. Notice how his cute red hair is sticking up in the pix.

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Matt made me breakfast this morning before he left for work. Oh, this is so exciting, Simon's first Valentine's. I was going to buy him this V-day outfit at Old Navy, but I didn't really care for it; I think that maybe I thought it was too baby girl like. Don't worry, Simon got a new car seat for V-Day.

Oh, here is the synopsis from last Tuesday's 6 month well baby check up. Simon weighs 17.6 pounds, which is in the 50 percentile. He is 27 3/4 inches long which is in the 92 percentile. Dr.London says he is doing well: turning over, kind of sitting up, eating cereal, looking towards voices, etc.

We have to work on giving him his vitamins 4-5 times a week instead of the 2-3 that we usually do. AND....HE CAN START BABY FOOD! Dr. London suggested cereal with fruit mixed in during the morning, and at lunch and dinner he should eat the equivalent of two jars of baby food--fruits and veggies only. Still needs to have a bottle or you know what about 5 times a day, with the meals. I'm waiting a while for the food thing, I am barely getting accustomed to cereal. As long as he is adjusted to the new food schedule by the 9 month check up, we will be okay!

Oh yeah, and the doctor said we had to: take the bumper pads out of the crib, lower the crib mattress to the lowest setting, take away the beloved mobile, and get a new car seat b/c he is too long for the infant carrier seat.

I'm torn about the mobile exchange--Simon loves his mobile, and we don't use it as a sleep aid. Do ya'll think the doctor meant to take it out immediately, or by the next check-up?

Yay for Simon's first tooth!

1 comment:

Hello World said...

It should be duly noted that GG was the first to discover the tooth. Little Simon grabbed my hand and had it in his mouth before I could stop to think about whether or not it was clean enough for baby's mouth. That's when I felt the TOOTH. Pops even announced it to the congregation yesterday. They're always ready to hear news about the fam.This is mom using Scott's password cause I can't remember mine.