Friday, February 11, 2005

Faithful Friends


Amy, Julie, and Lynn

Julie, after you told me yesterday that you read the blog, I thought I would post this pix today. Taken at Julie's wedding (I know this is obvious, based upon her attire.)

"Faithful friends" has a two-fold meaning. (A): Faith as in mutual dedication to the things of God. (B): Faithful as in friendships that remain even the post-highschool years.

On point (A), I would like to encourage the few readers I have that are still in high school. It is so important to find friends who encourage you and hold you accountable. The right friends can make all of the difference in your life, just as the wrong friends can.

On point (B), I would like to encourage most of the readers that I have who are out of highschool. So many precious friendships are started in high school and college. I think it is important to both value and celebrate those friendships. Of course time (even months, years) will pass between visits, even for friends who live in the same region. Our lives do get filled up with committments --that's life. (One of my blog readers would reference Jane Austen at this point: "Life is but a quick succession of busy notations.")

Sometimes, though, it is important to take the time for a phone call, email, card, and sometimes a visit to keep those lines of communication open. You never know, it may be God's way of reaching out to them in a time of need.

I am enjoying the new avenue of communication that blogging has opened up for me. I still have lots to learn--for example: how to stop the underlining....?

No comments: