Thursday, February 10, 2005

All By Myself


San Antonio
For those of you who don't know, Matt is leaving at 10:30 this morning for San Antonio. Brad picked him up on their way to work/school today, and they'll head out for San Antonio after band rehearsal. Why? Texas Music Educators Association conference. Kind of sounds boring, but Matt always has a good time, says he enjoys learning new things. This year, he was really excited about going.
I think I know why. No 2:00 feedings to help with. No diapers. No responsibilities. From Thursday-Mid-Sunday. A gym at the hotel--(we've been too busy this month to go to the gym for our bi-weekly challenges of racketball.) Better Mexican food. You wouldn't believe what he was worried about last night. He wanted to make sure the hotel had coffee--So he looked it up on the internet, just to make sure. Matt, you won't even need the coffee because you will be getting SLEEP!!!
I know I might sound jealous and resentful. About 1 % of me is. Truth be known, I'm really jealous of Brad who gets the undivided time with Matt that I would love to have. (Don't worry, I'm sure Brad does not feel the same way.)
The other 99% knows I will miss him and I feel sorry that he will miss all of the cute noises, faces, and hugs that Simon will give. Matt woke Simon up a little early this morning, just to hold him and love on him before he left. I don't know if I could leave Simon for even one day. I would think too much about the little things I might miss. The cute smiles and laughs. I want to pick him up from his morning nap, just thinking about him.

Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know, Amber. Being a wife and mom changes all relationships. (Well, it changes everything!) I wasn't expecting that. (I know you know this, you are a wife and mom, too.) One positive change: You look at things and people differently, see different value in them. Lately, I find myself looking at the past differently, too. Can't explain it.