Monday, February 07, 2005

Nancy and Amy at Denny's


Nancy and Amy at Denny's
I am posting this picture, even though it has nothing to do with today's blog entry. I think this is a funny pix of us--it wasn't posed, that's really how we were looking at our menus!

I have lots to tell! Yesterday (Sunday) we didn't go to church because we were feeling poorly. Today Matt didn't go into work, either. He is planning to go to school tomorrow, though. Why do we feel better? Because a super thoughtful family brought us shut-ins some yummy beef and vegetable stew and cornbread (and orange juice and kleenex).

Thank you, Pecina's! It was so nice to come in this evening and have a home-cooked meal! Very comforting.


Tomorrow is a very special day. Simon has his 6 month well baby visit. AND.....AND...it is mine and Matt's seven year anniversary from when we started dating!!! I mentioned that to Matt a few days ago, and he said, "We still do that?" Yes, we still acknowledge that! I think that maybe, just maybe I (we) forgot last year, in all of the pregnancy stupor....

Mine and Matt's first date was to The Boiled Frog (a New Orleans type restaurant) in the downtown part of Chattanooga. Matt had shrimp gumbo and I was too self-conscious to eat... I'm sure I feigned lack of appetite, though I did have cheesecake for dessert!

So, tomorrow, I have plans to make shrimp gumbo. I bought shrimp, okra, onion, bell pepper, sausage, and tomatoes today. I think we have rice.

I changed the template of my blog to one that had a space for links. Now it's easier for me to cross-reference blogs.



Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kelly, that sounds like fun! When is it? 10 yrs. You're old.