Friday, February 18, 2005

Melissa and Simon


Melissa and Simon
This was at about 10:30 last night. Simon is usually asleep at that time (see pix below,) but we woke him up for another feeding. We were a little off schedule yesterday.

It was so nice to spend time with Melissa--I could say she is an old college friend, but we're not old and college friend implies that we're not current friends, and Matt and I are lucky enough to still be friends with Melissa.

Matt and Melissa are both very musical and artsy. For example, Melissa and I get into Matt's car last night by ourselves to run to Tom Thumb, and Matt has some type of classical musical (I guess) playing and Melissa recognizes the name of the piece (Gates of Kiev?) and the composer--some Russian guy. I remember a time in college before Matt and I really knew each other, and I was entertaining the thought of matchmaking Melissa with Matt.

Life is funny like that. I'm glad that reality didn't get past my thoughts--I can't believe how lucky I am to have Matt love me! Really, I feel sorry for any other girl on the planet. Here are my top three adjectives to describe him: unassuming, okay never mind that's too hard.
Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Amy said...

coming soon... (i need to get matt to bring home the scanner) or corey, can you send us your digital pix from Christmas?

Amy said...

hey, kelly, are they flying in or what is the situation? i was thinking of cindi just thge other day.