Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Matching Hair


Simon with Gigi

Why is it underlining?

Yes, Simon has on the same outfit that he does in the pix below. I can't believe he is almost too big for 6-9 months clothes. He has grown over 6 inches since he was born.

I just realized in all fairness, I should post other grandparent pix also, before jealousy arises. (Just kidding, mom.)

Everyone says Simon got his hair color from mom. Let me divulge two secrets:
(1) Mom's comes from a bottle.
(2) It takes two recessive genes to inherit a recessive trait like red hair, so the recessive genes come from both Matt and I--we must both have a dominant brown and a recessive red. Simon got the two little r's.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think his hair looks redder, if anything, but I've heard baby's hair color and eye color can change -- even past the one year mark.

Hello World said...

Yep he's definetly red. I do wonder if he'll stay that way though. Isn't that a sign of pessimissm? I'll be more positive. I had a couple of good red head friends when I was in grade school. Justin Sarlow and Jon Purkey. Both of whom are still red heads. I played golf with J.P a couple months ago and Sarlow, I don't know what he's up to. Last I heard he was going into ministry but that was 5 years ago or so. We could always die his hair to look like GG's. That way when mom decides to stop dying(?) her hair Simon..nevermind. I'm gonna quit this blah now. KELLY get you're own blog. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello World said...

It's Gigi. Can't remember that password for myself. That happens when you get old enough to get your hair color out of a bottle. Actually, it's more like a tube of some kind of paste mixture.