Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yard Work Snapshots






These pictures are from this past Saturday. Simon was keeping me company in the back yard (weeding.) Matt was busy trimming our hedges in the front.

We have discovered something wonderful this week: craigslist.org The link for Dallas has lots of fun ideas to explore. We are looking for a chair ...

Simon will be two tomorrow! I am officially sentimental and wish we had time to visit Baylor where he was born tomorrow .... why? I'm blaming the odd sentimentality that I am feeling!

Simon is already excited. He has a package from Alex and a card from his grandparents; I'm making him wait until tomorrow to open anything, though!

Simon and I went to the eye doctor last week and this week, for moi. I was able to order some replacement frames for my old lenses, which are still my prescription. So, in just 5-7 business days I will be finally able to wear 'normal' glasses at night. Wearing sunglasses at night is getting tiresome.

I got a phone call from a very dear-to-me person today. Nancy called and we talked just under an hour.

Simon seems to be growing more attached to his 'lamby' everyday. Also to his 'bear.' His late attachment to his 'loveys' is surprising to me, but completely adorable. I'm glad he is loyal to his stuffed ones!

1 comment:

Corey, Kelly, Alex, Blaize said...

We hope Simon has a happy 2nd birthday. I wish we could be there with you to celebrate. I'll also be sending Simon at ecard, so check your email, Amy!
Love,
Kelly, Corey, and Alex