Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hazelnut Coffee






Good Morning! I am sitting here at the laptop, enjoying a warm cup of hazelnut coffee, and relishing the fact that it is in the 60s outside. Granted, it is a high 69, but still, what a luxury! I stepped outside earlier just to experience a below 80-90 degree morning. It's probably in the 70s by now, but that is still nice!

Simon and I actually were able to go for a walk yesterday and not be submitted to sweltering heat or air-pollution warnings. We used Simon's "new" stroller from Craigslist. We have made two Craigslist purchases to date and both have been for Simon and for his birthday and were funded by his grandparents in Georgia. We still have an umbrella stroller, but it is only good for in-store excursions, not exactly a multi-terrain vehicle. Our Graco stroller that we received before Simon was born died a couple of months ago. The wheel just fell off. I had just left the driveway for the purpose of walking to Target (only a 10 min. walk,) when the wheel came off. After attempts at fixing it by both Matt and my dad, we realized we would have to say goodbye to the stroller with so many memories. Ah, our 'new' stroller is also Graco and seems to have lots of life in it!

I'll post a pix another day of our other Craigslist find--a glider rocker and ottoman for Simon's room.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! I THINK I WILL CALL YOU RIGHT NOW JUST FOR THAT REASON.

NOTE: I am tired of sippy cups that are not really leak-proof, of valves that go missing, of whole cups that go disappearing. We are down to two sippy cups that we like, one of these is missing entirely, which worries me a little that Simon could have 'hidden' it and then might take a sip in a few days! Oh, my stomach hurts for him just thinking of it. We also have one cup with no valve, so it is fairly useless unless filled with benign water, and a free sippy cup that came in the mail that isn't of the best quality, but for some reason, decides to stick around in one piece, so that we are forced to use it more than we would like.

No comments: