Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Blogging We Will Go




Tonight a group of 7 interns graduated at Gospel for Asia! Most exciting was the announcing of a marriage in exactly one month for two of the interns! Much to my dismay (because of my matchmaking prowess,) this undercover relationship slipped past my love radar!

Simon has taken to being able to parrott just about anything. A few weeks ago I had him repeat after me, " I... I... Love... Love... Mama... Mama..." We would do variations on this sentiment with others receiving his ever-prompted love. For some reason, Simon had recently taken to only "loving" Daddy. I would have him repeat..."I...I...Love...DADDY...he would always exclaim with smiles before I could place a name in there for him.

Tonight I was putting him to bed and of course it was only "I love Daddy." The next time I sensed a breakthrough, but this is what I got..."I...I...love...SPOT..." Hmmm...a fictional dog. I'm going to settle for "I...I...Love...DADDY AND SPOT AND MAMA."

Today I seem to be infected with a ditzy mood. I just left my friend Duska's home and almost left my keys there as well as the really fun red basket (Thanks, Duska!) But this beats all...I was calling earlier to schedule Simon's 2 year well-baby exam. The receptionist suggested a time during the week of the 7th. I told her that week would be hard for me to arrange childcare and to see if there was an appointment for another week. Hmm...The conversation went on for a bit longer until I realized there was no need to arrange childcare for SIMON'S Doctor's appointment. What was I going to do, leave him with someone and go by myself to his appointment. This might mean that mommy needs a little break, if my idea of a break (subconscious)is to go solo to Simon's doctor's appointment! Actually, the idea of sitting in a waiting room alone sounds restful.

My getting up early this week has proved 85% successful. My secret is to schedule something during my extra hour that I really look forward to and that I don't otherwise have time for. So, my coffee pot has been waking me up and I have been enjoying my extra hour with a couple of cups of coffee and some reading. This is bonus reading. Not required reading or devotions, just reading.

1 comment:

Corey, Kelly, Alex, Blaize said...

That is hilarious Amy. Good one on the doctor's appointment. What an awesome time with Simon's words. Alex has one vowle down! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :)

Corey