Monday, June 04, 2007

Snapshots of Life






I've never seen Simon so willing to take pictures as he was that Mother's Day!
We took Simon to the park on Monday, before meeting Frank at Panera's for lunch. Simon loved the chance to run around unrestriced. And there were quite a few redheads in Fort Oglethorpe that day!
Ollie had to leave Monday night, and Simon kept asking where Ollie's house was. I wonder how long until Simon understand cities and states ...
Melissa came up on Tuesday for a midday lunch and visit. She is getting married this September, and we are hoping my midwife gives us the go ahead for travel (it is 5 weeks before my due date). I loved this spontaneous pic b/c of Simon's face. We had a few other shots, but they were a little bit more somber and posed ...
Sarah came up on Wednesday and we were able to go to the walking bridge, Clumpies, and Rembrandts where I gave her her graduation gift. It was actually kind of chilly on the bridge that night. We played a few rounds of MadGab outside Rembrandts which was a different kind of entertainment. We were home intime for bedtime routine with Simon and for Sarah to take her turn reading the now infamous POPCORN book to Simon. Simon pretty much has the storyline memorized and there are two pages that he has memorized word for word.
The last pix shows my determination to pick up 34 lb. Simon less. I had stools near bathroom sinks and his playpen so that I could pick him up less. It reminded me of how my friend Lisa would put a stool/ladder near Jacob's crib and he knew that only then could he crawl out. Pretty good strategy.

No comments: