Saturday, July 08, 2006

Tigers Drive






Outdoor photo shoot this evening. Ollie drove up for the afternoon and left after dinner sometime. The weather here in SC and when we were in GA has been perfect for July. Seasonably cool.

My grandparents' flowers have truly rivaled the Arboretum. I told Grandpa that he should put a sign up on the street and charge admission to look at his yard! I think his yardwork is an act of love for Grandma since she loves flowers so much and is unable to tend them like she used to.

Two hours of weeding yesterday and I definitely feel the pain today.

Simon was chasing lightening bugs this evening.

My uncles taught Simon to pound on the table and say, "Beer." (Sorry, Matt)
Uncle Wayne always teases me that I don't let Simon eat 'real' food and that something horrible will happen to Simon is he grows up drinking skim milk and eating broccoli. I didn't offer Simon any of the sausage at dinner, because he normallly doesn't eat meat. I did give him a bite, expecting him not to eat it, but funny enough he liked it.

Simon had his first sip of Sprite yesterday.

Simon has had more ice-cream in the last two nights that I have (but I haven't had any so that doesn't say too much.)

We miss Matt terribly, especially when I call him and have to recount all of the terribly cute things Simon does...like when Alex was crying and Simon came up to him and said 'It's alright." Or when Simon would bring Alex a bottle or pacifier on Simon's initiative.

No comments: