Monday, July 17, 2006

The last of the trip pictures






This top picture is of Simon and I in the backseat, where we hung out most of the time in the van. Simon is giving me a 'nose kiss' which he pronounces 'o kiss'. The headband is one Matt's mom passed along to me, it was originallly Matt's paternal grandmother's. Matt's grandmother's names were Thelma (maternal) and Louise.

Simon and I the last night before we came home in a hotel somewhere in Alabama. I decided not to even bother with a pack n' play on the way home. I think it's too much to expect Simon to sleep in between two queen beds where my mom and I each had a bed and for him not to sleep with me. The bed looks more fun to him, and there was plenty of room for him in my bed! We lined up 3 chairs next to it so he couldn't fall off. And, of course, he still had his lamby and blanket. (Who would have ever thought, Sarah, what depths of love that green blanket would bring?) You can tell that I am more than a little tired as we are about to finally go to sleep!

I think Simon looks like a little kid in this third pix, not so much baby. And I love the smile!

The 4th pix is from mine and Simon's view from the backseat. You can see two laptops and there is also a portable dvd player somewhere. That reminds me of the time Matt, Sarah and I took a very long roadtrip with no such media. Our only entertainment was a cell phone that we used to call just about everyone in the Address Book. You can see Dad's visor is down (so that he could see Simon.)

Simon will be two in less than three weeks!

1 comment:

Corey, Kelly, Alex, Blaize said...

It was so great to see you guys. SImon is so awesome. Aren't we all so blessed. Miss you Matt!!! We are back in Toccoa. Hopefully will have phone and email soon at home...

Corey