Thursday, May 15, 2008

Zoo and More


May 1st 2008
Kelly's Birthday!


Both of our children in their double strollers !


Simon and Alex from the same angle - they look alike!


I snapped a pix of the bamboo for Matt's sake.  He loves bamboo!
We were able to see lots on Mother's Day at the Arboretum!



Matthew, Simon, and Alex


Now, if that isn't a mischievous look ...


This kangaroo wasn't as big as what I'd imagined :)


Mommy and Simon


Simon thought the flamingos were fun!
Kelly and Marina and their boys left around naptime, and Simon, Evie and I stayed until 4.


The playground's spiderweb


Pure Bliss


We saw this little lizard on the sidewalk.
Funny thing is that when some people have asked Simon about the zoo, of all the animals, he talks about this lizard!


Given Simon's love for penguins, I am posting several penguin poses.
The penguins were the only friendly animals we saw!
You can see them far away on their perch, and then, when we stopped, they came to play with Simon!


Here is Simon's penguin friend that solicited our attention.



Simon showed the penguin Evie's toy penguin.




What a sweet smile!  And she was pretty much in the stroller from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
And then, on the way home, we had to run into Cost-co!  I think my children are more easy-going than I am!  I was ready to be home!


Matt and I commented that we couldn't imagine what Evie would look like with hair.
So, Matt put a pair of Simon's pjs on Evie's head, and, voila!  
Now, we know exactly what she'll look like!



Simon is so sweet and funny!
I had a trip down memory lane yesterday.
I listened to a John Piper sermon that I have on AUDIO CASSETTE from the Passion Conference in 1999.  The sermon was life-changing for me, and I'm so glad I have a copy of it!  I've asked Matt to convert it to an mp3 file, though, so that it is better preserved.  Plus, I could put it on my ... new ipod!  Thanks, Simon!  (Mother's Day gift!)


Hosea and Evie.
This was day one of Project HT !

Timmy's mom told me the cutest story ----  She was wanting some cuddly time with Timmy.  I know firsthand how it is hard to get this 3 year old boys to sit still for hugs and kisses.  (Snacks as bribery work well).  Anyway, Debi told Timmy she "needed this"  (cuddle time).  
Timmy said, "You need a Baby Evie."   Awwww ...
Cute that they associate babies with the cuddling !

No comments: