Saturday, May 24, 2008

More May Memories


A big change for us is that we are no longer regularly attending Christ Wesleyan on Sundays and Wednesdays and helping with the youth there.  We have been going there 20 months.  We're going to miss the close-knit fellowship, but are going to try and attend the first Sunday night gatherings.  We prayed about it for a month or more and feel like we need to find a church closer to home and that takes less commitment.


Well, I remembered how my Grandma Doris has a plant in her bay window that was growing from a sweet potato.  So, Simon and I put a sweet potato that had seen its better days in some water and weeks passed with no signs of growth, then little sprouts, then the plant took on a mind of its own and over took our window blinds!  I had to remove it delicately from its intricate path ... and we're trying to figure out what to do with it next!


Above:  the sweet potato uses our blinds as a trellice


Simon is proud of his block-creation.


Happy Hearts, even with empty plates!


Simon and I put together the Rainbow Fish puzzle.  I picked him up some new 'toys' at the resale since we were sick and needed some new, quiet activities.  This puzzle gave us its 50 cents worth that evening, and it's now a new favorite of Simon's.  It also helped him 'rediscover' his Rainbow Fish book!


Poor Little Evie was sick, too!  The kids are still congested and we've been battling it for over a week now.  I think it just takes kids longer, and we're sure they are not contagious at this point.  Matt had it the worst, I think, but is all better now!


The play-rug.  You might can tell from this picture that we rearranged the living room/kitchen.  We were trying to make the television armoire less of a 'focus' in the living room.  We have disconnected our tv access (all we had was an antennae anyway) to also help the mindless turning on of the tv.  So, now our tvs can only be used to watch videos, to play music, to play games, etc!


The BIG CLOCK puzzle!
Simon loves this one, too.
I like how Evie is right in on the action.


I took this picture b/c the box reminded me of comedian Brian Regan's joke about the kid's book titled, "The Clock" ....
We are so glad Tony and Teressa introduced us to Brian!
Ha ha, I just noticed you can see my 1.09 price tag and the original 12.95 price-tag!


Evie lounges.
As I type, I am literally eating from a bowl full of cherries!
Cherries!  Yum, summer's bounty!


Evie's first Cereal - Monday May 19th


Evie took to cereal much easier than I remember Simon taking to cereal.  I remember feeling so frustrated with Simon, because it seemed to take so much more time to feed him cereal than when he just nursed or had formula.  It seemed like he had more of a learning curve to learn how to eat solids.  Evie, though, just gobbled it down!  Maybe it is because we waited until she was practically 7 months and was more developmentally ready for cereal ... ?  I think Simon was just 6 months.  Could a month really make that big of a difference?




Simon is enjoying the "Music Machine" cd that mom gave him.  He likes to listen to it and 'dance' and Matt and I have fun just watching him interpret the music!


Simon is amazing!  He knows how to use his daddy's Nintendo Wii better than I do.  He can create new 'miis' and really understands (now) how to do it.  He isn't very good at creating names, though, so we have a whole army of mii's whose names are similar to :  alskdf, 10823, alskfj asdf82igjh, lkduisg, etc.!!!


Simon also manages my itunes library very well and can select what we want to listen to!  It's amazing how well kids adapt to technology!


Simon wanted to go to the zoo and here is who he said was coming with him:
Timmy, Rylee, Jenna, Asa, Eli and new Eli.
The new Eli part is hilarious.  (Okay, and a little sad, Lindsay!)
Explanation:  Elia moved to New Mexico.
Eli lives down the street and is a playmate we met at the park!


This "bib" is an old apron from my mom's house.


Simon is drawing our family ...


And here is the final product!
Daddy, Evie, Mommy, Simon
For a 3 year old, I think the attention to detail is impressive!
Notice Daddy has some facial hair, Evie is formless, Mommy has awesome hair and an a-line skirt, and Simon looks like he is wearing a baseball hat.


This is Timmy's Family, minus the two older brothers who Simon apparently doesn't realize are part of the family !


Not sure why this picture posted twice.
Funny story:  Later, Simon was drawing Rylee's family with FIVE CHILDREN (there are only 3 at current)!  Hmmm....


Mommy:  Simon, do you want to clean up the blocks?
Simon:  Mom, you clean and I'll dictate.
Mommy is thinking two things.
One:  Did he really just use the verb dictate correctly???
Two:  Well, you know what mommy was probably thinking at his suggestion.
So, I decide to try and solve the mystery of his use of the word 'dictate.'
Mommy:  Simon, what does the word 'dictate' mean?
.....
....
Simon:  It means, "I write."
What a funny coincidence !



Tamitha randomly called Friday morning and said she was in Carrollton for an appointment and asked if she could stop by afterwards and see us!  I told her she should call more often and "threaten" to come by, because I did a lot of housework very fast!  This was Tamitha's first time to meet Evie!  Tamitha's daughter Chloe is almost 11 and was our flower-girl 8 years ago!  So, it turned into a nice two-hour chat over some coffee.


Matt and Alex versus Tony and Nathan

Beanbags?


Timmy is thinking, "Hey, I like that Buzz-Light Year suit."


One little musician


Several little musicians


A bigger musician ...
Matt serenades our little corner of GFA's picnic.
Timmy and Simon play with the beanbags ...


Or, is there something more dangerous going on than a friendly toss of the bean-bag?


Evie about to take a nap

Towards the end of the party, the bounce house was empty and Matt tried to take a little rest, until Simon and Timmy joined him!
Then, Matt playfully 'attacked' them and they would try and escape !

Cute Story:  When we were loaded up in the van and leaving the picnic, Simon declared, "That was a good party."

Today at nap when I gave him a hug, I just kind of stayed 'in' the hug for a long time.  I was actually trying to see if I heard congestion in his lungs.  Anyway, it was longer than normal, then I 'retreated' from the hug, and Simon said, "Thanks, mom.  That's a good hug.  Was that a big hug?"

No comments: