Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Busy, Fun, People-Filled, No Vegetable Weekend

Wow, last weekend was busy, fun, people-filled, and lacking in vegetables!
We had the Fletchers and Robbins over Friday night.  You can see some of the kids here with Twizzlers ... What you can't see is just how  many twizzlers they grabbed when we weren't around and how many treats from the cookie tray made it into their mouths!
Well, Saturday morning was a riot.  I was in our bedroom around 8:00, nursing little Evie and I heard someone at the front door.  Matt was outside working in the yard, so I opened the bedroom window to tell him someone was at our door.

The Tysons had driven all night to Carrollton enroute to Oklahoma for an unplanned visit there for a family funeral.  Jude and Elia were at our front door, by themselves, holding a box of donuts.  Tracy and Lindsay were hiding behind some bushes.  Unbeknownst to them and totally foiling the plan, Matt came to the front from the side gate and saw Tracy and Lindsay first!
We were very  honored that they stopped here first, but must preface that with saying that Lindsay knows us well and was fairly certain the McDaniels would already be up and about, so they felt comfortable stopping here first!   Of course, we had kind of slept in the day, ... :) 

Okay, so I didn't realize how much I REALLY MISS Lindsay until I saw her last weekend!  When they left, I was still exiting the surreal post-partum world.  I think part of me still thinks I can drive down to Paxton and drop in for a visit anytime!
I told Lindsay that they were really not helping us by stopping by WITH their boys and WITH donuts.  Simon frequently asks for Elia and Jude, and we explain that they've moved away to New Mexico.  But now, they show up and with chocolate covered treasures!

Later on Saturday, my mom came over for lunch and to 'kidnap' Simon.  Rachael and I went for a walk/talk and kind of had dinner here before she went to Saturday night church.  Matt had plans with Chase Saturday  night to see a movie.  
The plans were cancelled at the last minute, so it worked out well that we had a chance to rest before Sunday!
Me, getting my smooches from Simon!  I like the darker hair, though I think next time I might go just a bit lighter.
Simon in his silliness.  It is very hard to get him to be still for a picture!
Evie strikes a pose :)
At Cafe G
We went to my parents home for lunch on Sunday after church.
This little chair is very old.  I can't remember how old.  Maybe 50 years?  It was my mother's when she was a child.  She used it for her dolls and as a doorstop to her room.  My Grandmother Doris had to reweave the seat about 30 years ago.
Matt and I continue to be surprised at how well Simon plays with Evie (most of the time).  Sometimes, especially in the car, they just swap guttural laughs back and forth between their carseats!
I know to the non-maternal eye that all of these chair pictures might look alike!  You wouldn't believe how many I left out from the post!
The other day we were driving right before a storm.  The lightning was all across the sky.  Simon asked, "Is God breaking our city."  We explained that God wasn't breaking our city.  Simon then asked, "Is He trying to save it?" 
Later that weekend, on Sunday afternoon, we were able to host a drop-in visitation (for lack of a better non-funeral word) for the Tysons.   So, plenty of chances for fellowship!
After a get-together for Terri's birthday that was Sunday NIGHT.
Yes, we are insane.

No comments: