Monday, May 12, 2008

Visit with Cousins


A couple of weeks ago, Kelly and Marina trekked over to Texas with Marina's little boy Matthew (2) and Kelly's Alex (2) and Blaize (7 weeks).
Pictured above is Alex and Simon sharing a pre-nap book.


Let's hear it for nap-time!


Goodnight Kiss :)
Alex plays with his neck when he is tired!


Not looking too sleepy.
We used the digital camera to lull Alex into the pack and play.  We would take a picture of him and let him 'see it', which he thought was fun.  So, we took a pix of him here, and then one of him sitting in the pack and play, and then a picture of him lying down in the pack and play, and then, we left!


Blaize snoozing on the red chair.
Evie was asleep in her crib.
Little Matthew had Simon's bed.
Simon had our bed.
And Alex was in our closet in the pack and play!
whew!


The night of our play-day with Alex, Blaize, and Matthew, we had my parents over for dinner as well as Scott and Tania.
Here is Tania outside with Simon!
Hopefully in a couple of weeks, part of our deck will be screened-in!


Blaize and Evie chilling out in the kitchen while we ate dinner.


Blaize being held when he tired of the pink chair.  Boys can't stand pink!


Matt and Scott admiring Blaize.


Matt, for some reason, inspecting the back of Blaize's head.


Mom joins the fan club.


What in the world ??!!
Our son is WHITE !
(I think he is getting a few freckles; and, in his defense, I think the flash went off on our camera, making him EVEN whiter!)


Alex, Matthew, and Simon.


Four cousins!  In less than 4 years!


Gigi and Pops adjusting the newborns.



It is funny to see Evie actually looking bigger than another human being!


The other day Simon I asked Simon a question about who he prayed with at prayer, because I didn't see who it was.  

He said, "He had a big tummy!"  I instructed Simon (again) how we don't comment on people's tummies, that it isn't kind, and if anything, we just say that they are small or strong.  (Not sure if this is appropriate, but this is new territory for us.)

Anyway, so I needed a little bit more to go on.  

So, I asked Simon to describe who it was.  Simon thought and thought and then pronounced,

 "He was strong and had hair, kind of like a squirrels."  

We left it at that and, of course, have no idea who he prayed with, as I think NO ONE at GFA looks like a squirrel !

Simon imitating Daddy.

At church a couple of Sundays ago, one of our high school juniors wasn't there because he had (legitimately) hurt his knee at a baseball game and was being treated at the hospital.  Another student, one of our high-school seniors wasn't there because he had hurt his knee, also.  ... Walking down the hall.  So, we got kind of a laugh out of this.  
WELL, we have learned our lesson not to make light of another's troubles.  
That very afternoon, Matt hurt HIS knee --- getting off of the couch.  (He was roughhousing with Simon.)  And the next Friday, I hurt my knee.  I was just standing up, trying to stay awake, watching the Extended-Night Prayer Service on our computer and my knee just slipped out of place or something !!  


I called Matt the other day as I was driving out of downtown Dallas, leaving a physical therapy appointment at Baylor.  

I was daydreaming and missed the I-35's veer to the right and somehow was driving past Texas Stadium towards the airport, knowing it was not the right place to be.  

So, I called Matt in a small  bit of distress, as I was did not want to be home late to relieve my friend Maddie who was with Simon.

Unbeknownst to me, I now have to go thru an Apple commercial at inopportune times.

Matt responds to my distress, "You know, if you had an iphone, you could press "Where Am I?"  and it would show you where you are on Google Map."
Um, okay...Thanks.
So, where am I ?


Evie chilling in her Bebe Pod while I make dinner.


Matt and I were watching something on TV, or maybe thru our Wii, or maybe thru the hard-drive on top of our entertainment that is somehow connected to a laptop on top of our entertainment center that is controlled by our Wiimote OR by the laptop --  (whew... and Matt is in charge of the Technology Department in our home, so all questions can be directed to him, please.)  

Anyway, we were watching something, and I asked Matt if he could pause it.

Apple Commercial Break

"I could if we had an Apple TV."   ~ Matt


Even WITHOUT hair, Evie is adorable!
That is quite an accomplishment!
Not many ladies can pull that off!


Matt and I continue to be happily surprised at how well Simon and Evie play together.  
We thought it would take longer for their interactions to be so sweet!  
Last night, Simon ran into the living room, where I was feeding Evie.

"MOM, I need to see my sister."

He pulled up his little red rocking chair to join us.  And he held Evie's hand!

Then, this morning, while I was scrolling thru our pictures to pick which ones to post on the blog, Simon exclaimed, "Mom, can I see all the Evie's ?"  

1 comment:

Elicia said...

Simon is so sweet!
It sounds like Uncle Matt really likes Apple stuff. It's funny. Is your knee better?