Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Tails of Two Bunnies!



This morning, Simon and I went outside to water our tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cucumbers. I let Simon play with the water hose and he unwittingly discovered two baby bunnies. I have been complaining about the rabbit who we see frequently in our backyard and whom we suspect often eats our veggies before we do! Matt noticed a couple of weeks ago that the bunny had dug a burrow. I feel strangely touched that the rabbit decided to have her bunnies in our backyard--that we are hospitable to little animals. At least in this moment, I am glad we have such a home, sweet home for them in our yard; though, I do predict that I will one day complain about the same animals.

Simon just ran around while the little bunnies hopped and hopped from the 'huge' (in proportion) toddler. I don't know where the mommy bunny was today.

Hmmm ... We hung up some curtains in Simon's room today and it made a world of difference. The curtains aren't over the window, but where the closet doors should be. It was an easy 'room-makeover' as we already had the curtains which match very well and the tension rod was in the garage waiting for a use. I imagine it saying, "Use me, use me!" Sad, little rod that was so anxious to be used.

I am almost through listening to a trilogy by Michael Phillips. I think I may have forgotten to mention that two weeks ago I read no less that four of his books in a week's time. I think each book was approximately 400 pages. I go through stages where I read a lot and then not so much because I realize I love to read, but I easily get engrossed and spend more time than I think is wise reading. So, these last two weeks I weaned myself from reading by once again going audio. I did read an interesting book last week (non-fiction) titled The Unlikely Angel or maybe it was An Unlikely Angel. It was about a hostage situation in Atlanta a year or so ago; lots of dialogue about the Lord and the 40 Days of Purpose book by Rick Warren.

No comments: