Friday, April 22, 2005

Modern Art Notation


Modern Art.

Of course, I'm not an art critic, or even an artist, unless you want to count mostly being able to color in the lines.
(I don't even know if this sculpture in San Antonio is considered modern art; this is how unartlike I am.)


I know a lot of my blog readers are artsy, so I apologize if my next comment makes the art people quicken with disdain ...

**************

I would like to draw a parallel between modern art and the classic story of The Emperor's New Clothes.


"No one would admit they could see nothing, for no one wanted to look a fool. Everyone clapped his hands and praised the emperor's new clothes."

~from the fairy tale, "The Emperor's New Clothes."

**************


(speaking of art, it's been awhile since I mentioned our friend Melissa's website: melissagann.com)Posted by Hello

No comments: