Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Simon and Daddy






The first pix is last night. (notice the 'new' curtains I 'made') After dinner, Matt announced to Simon that they were going to make a present for me. Matt was walking around with the Better Homes and Garden checkered cookbook. Matt wanted to make a cake from scratch, since he'd never done that ... The batter was really thick but I didn't say anything. Then, while it was cooking Matt said, I don't think the cake is going to turn out. I said, why not. He said, "The batter didn't seem runny enough." I admitted, "I know." So, I glanced at the ingredients and read them aloud and we realized Matt omitted the milk ... about 2 cups. So, with only 4 minutes left in baking time, we were laughing to see what would happen. They were actually quite good, kind of like a pound cake or a big cookie :) And Matt made iciing, too...But what do you do with a whole cake and only two eaters? Solution: Matt took it to work today with full admission of his omission. Maybe a lactose intolerant person was finally able to enjoy a cake!
So, Simon made the face on the pumpkin all by himself. Pretty good work, I must say! Simon pronounced pumpkin, 'kunkin'. Sweet. Our little kunkin, and we're getting a real kunkin soon, possibly on Halloween! (Not really a pumpkin, but thinking Evie might come then, as it is two days past her 'due date.'
I'm hoping she doesn't come early, so that we are pretty much guaranteed fall'ish weather for future outdoor birthday parties.
Simon and Matt working together to put up new blinds in Evie's room. I want to get some for Simon's room, too, but am waiting until he is past the phase of breaking/playing with his, since I can't supervise all of the time!
Simon would look at the pix and say, "Now, what does the picture say?" He helped me the other day put together our "nursing stool" which you can see in the background of the third pix in the post right after this. We were pretty proud of ourselves!
Notice how Matt and Simon are sitting in the EXACT SAME POSITION in the last snapshot. I love it :)

No comments: