Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Adorable Simon Quotes





So, let me explain the Tigger Pix. I was washing clothes for Evie and Simon was excited to see this "Costume" that is 0-3 months. We actually have a pix of Simon wearing this Tigger onesie when he was just 5 weeks old...and it fit him then. So, he is really into costumes, always wanting to go to a costume party and it is too bad we don't do Halloween. I guess I should still get him a costume (maybe when they're on sale!) b/c he thinks they are pretty cool. So, I said, "It won't fit, but we can try." And it does fit ... sort of.

So here are a few adorable Simon quotes.
"Lay down just a little." Simon says this when we put him in bed and say goodnight, but he wants us to lay down with him. The other night I said, "I can't tonight, sweetheart, my back is hurting too bad." (to crawl in the lower bunk). So, we say goodnight and an hour later when I headed to bed I went in to check on Simon and he looked to be semi-awake. So, I tucked him in and he said, "Mom, can I have a hug hug kiss kiss squeeeeeeze?" Of course. Then, "Can I kiss your back?" I guess he had been thinking of a way to make my back better. I said "Sure you can." Then he said, "Mommy, where is your back?" Then his attention was changed and he wanted to pray instead. This is his prayer, verbatim, " Dear Jesus I pray for Mommy's back hurts body kiss band-aid Amen." Then he asked me if he could get me a bandaid :)
Another quote upon walking into the kitchen for breakfast, "Food is good. I like food. I like my milk."
Another one, "Mommy, may I have some green milk?" Not sure where that came from.
On Friday when he woke up I told him that we were going to clean the bathrooms that day. (He really likes to help clean the bathrooms.) So, after breakfast, he said, "Let's go clean the bathrooms!" I said, we will after we clean up the breakfast dishes. He said with MUCH ENTHUSIASM, "Clean the dishes, OKAY!" (He helps me load them in the dishwasher and then he wipes the table with a sponge.)
Yesterday when he woke up he said, "Mommy, I wanna build somethin.". He wasn't even out of his bed yet. I asked, "What do you want to build?" "A house for baby Ebby." I asked who would help him. He said. "Daddy." I said, who else? He said, "Pops." "Who else?" "Timmy" "Who else?" "Gigi." "Who else?" "Debi." (Timmy's mom)
Today, Simon was going to a 'costume party' (pretend) with Timmy, Scuffer (a penguin from a favorite dvd), his blanket (his friend) a wad of sticky tack (another friend) and baby ebby (pretend and so small that she 'fits' in his hand." He had all of his friends go to potty before the party and he gave 'baby ebby' a gummi worm (also pretend) when she used the potty.
And, the last quote, murmured at breakfast yesterday. "No nap today. We're going to play." (A singsong unknowingly picked up from gigi. She said those two consecutive sentences together once, not realizing it would rhyme and become a favorite sing-song of Simons...besides on that very day, he had already has his nap... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. the second picture of simon is like my favorite ever. I saw you last night at prayer but didn't get to chat...hopefully you're well. :)

Why do we Always have to Be Brave said...

Man he is growing up so fast. And look I finally made a blog.

Love Always Donna Lea