Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Preggo Mamma






Well, here they are. Long overdue. We took so many more pix when I was pregnant with Simon! So, these pix were just taken and I am 36 weeks pregnant.

I am going to the midwife every week now, so that is exciting. I had scheduled Monday's appointment at Baylor so that we could visit the hospital. While I was in my appointment, Matt took Simon on a tour of the hospital, showing him the little babies and explaining a bit about when Evie comes. My appointment went really fast and I was able to join the tour as well....And guess what they had that completely made Simon's day??? Pretty much Simon's favorite word, POPCORN! They were making it outside the gift shop so we bought him a small box and I think it sealed the hospital as a pleasant experience.

Wow, the babies were so tiny. I kind of forgot how that was.

I have been feeling like I am moving like a snail this week. Round ligament pain, I think, but it is excruciating at times. And my brain isn't working. I mustered up the energy to go to the grocery store and could only get about 1/3 of my list done b/c I was overwhelmed with basic movement.

So, we had an Office Premiere Party at our home last Thursday. That was fun. The first four weeks of season four are one-hour long episodes which will totally spoil us when the 1/2 episodes come. I don't understand why NBC doesn't make The Office a one-hour time slot...

Matt bought Simon a present en route home from church tonight at Half Price Books - Pinocchio on laserdisc. I bought him a present at the grocery store. Kleenex in a Ratatouille box. Hmmm.... Well, in my defense, the other day, on the way home from the hospital we went by Braums for milk and veggies and we bought Simon and myself an ice-cream cone (We had promised Simon ice-cream after the hospital as a treat before we knew there would be popcorn....) So, Matt asked, "You're letting him eat ice-cream before dinner?" I nodded my assent, expecting criticism. But Matt said, "You're like the coolest mom ever!" (Simon rarely gets treats, mostly b/c I rarely leave the house anymore...so, hence, the health splurge)

I have nesting instincts that barely let me get to sleep at night; I just want to wake up the next morning and 'get things ready.' But then, everything takes so long I am accomplishing so little actually.

This Saturday I am hoping to take Simon to Calloway's Nursery so that I can pick up some fall mums as thank you gifts for baby shower hostesses and they are having kid's day where the kids paint a miniature pumpkin...so that should be nice.

No comments: