Wednesday, February 28, 2007





We have been blessed with over a week of warm spring weather. What a nice break after an unseasonably cold Texas winter! Yesterday afternoon, when Matt arrived home, after a short game of miniature basketball in the backyard, we put Simon in the stroller and walked to a park that is about a mile away. Then, we we took a detour on our way home and went by the Asian supermarket for a zuchinni (needed for our black bean salad that night). Matt thoroughly enjoyed the Asian store and is temporarily convinced that we/I should do all of our shopping there.

So, I make the black bean salad when we get home ... and I forget to add the zuchinni. :)

Yesterday around lunch my friend Cheryl came by to borrow the movie Curious George. Simon was pretty sad to see it go, but after explaining that his good friend Lorena would get to watch it, he seemed to show genuine generosity. In fact, I thought he forgot about it...until naptime. When he woke up from nap, his first words were, "See Monkey? Nina see Monkey? Watch George?" He was happy while asking, but I was struck by his memory and pleasantly reminded that he really does understand concepts.

No comments: