Thursday, March 08, 2007

Musings




I must have the textbook pregnancy. Morning sickness is supposed to hit around 6 weeks. Mine began last Thursday, the very day we hit 6 weeks.

For sake of information, and hopefully not complaining, I am very sick. Much more than with Simon. I hear that every pregnancy is different; thus, I am making no assumptions about the implications of the differences.

Maybe God just let me off easy the first time so that we would have another one :)

Hmmm...a few more weeks of this. That is kind of overwhelming. Little tasks are seeming insurmountable.

Following is a link to a recent blog article by Pastor John Piper on his website, desiringgod.org. I thought it was a beautiful and tangible description of death and a resource of how to glorify God when saying goodbye. Apparently, John Piper's father just passed away. Not morbid, just practical and insightful.

This is not a link, but you could highlight it, copy it, and paste it in your browser window ...
www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2007/2013_Hello_My_Father_Just_Died/

No comments: