Monday, February 05, 2007

Home and Garden Network





Sarah and I created a meal that we thought was original, until I talked to my cousin Sarah the next day and discovered that the EXACT SAME dish is served at Applebees.

Clean up was a cinch with two people cooking; I forgot how much fun it was to cook with other people. Sarah and I planned a Nacho Libre party for last Saturday and we created adorable 'Girls Night In' Invitations on EVITE. I think we had 15 or so girls here to watch the movie.

Apparently some of the men used the free night to um, make dry-ice 'bombs' and drive around and throw them in fields. Relatively harmless, but more importantly, lots of fun for guys who enjoy the opportunity to wear black, tie black t-shirts around their faces, use google earth to plot their path of destruction, and make a chop-shop of dry ice in their kitchen.

When they came back to retrieve the wives, we were able to see the video of their adventures. Then the laptops were whipped out and quake was played until 2 a.m. You wouldn't have expected these were the same men who the night before were at all-night prayer! (Meaning that you would think they would be tired, not that they wouldn't be playing quake or dry-ice bombs--that behavior is very much wild at heart behavior :) }

I think Simon's cold is 99% gone, and I am looking foward to resuming fellowship this week with the outside world.

My friend Amanda who is expecting her third child soon is pictured next to her windows that we decorated during the Super Bowl. I'll never forget the look and Matt and Daniel's faces when we asked them to go find us a brach. Anyway, I need to do a little reworking with the branch, and it defintitely looks better in person. The theme of the room is Sweet pea, so the curtain is kind of supposed to look like peas in a pod. Anyway, I totally stole this from Sarah's decor. (Thanks, Sarah!)

No comments: