Monday, May 22, 2006

Sewing 101





Baskets: Kellie's brainwork and mechanical skills at work
Curtains: Rachael's seamstress abilities shining through
Seen Sewing: Rachael

I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby several weeks ago. I was drawn to it prob'ly b/c it reminds me of my grandmother's wallpaper. I bought 7 yards (did I mention it was on clearance?) So many people thought I would just have beaucoups left over--but I actually had to go pick up a couple more yards to work on recovering some pillows.

What was hit with this fabric? Valances on 3 windows, door curtains for our window, relining my kitchen baskets (still working on a couple--right now, actually), hopefully two old futon pillows, hopefully my memo board in the kitchen.

Funny how just a little sewing makes you feel invincible in the sewing department ... until you get home and realize you don't even know where to put the spool of thread on the machine. I actually had to look at the pix of Rachael to see where the spool goes. Not totally crazy, b/c the metal pole thingy that holds the thread had fallen off. So, now I know where it goes and what the metal pole is for!

No comments: