Monday, March 20, 2006

Simon Sleeps Across Arkansas


When I look at this pix, I can't help put want to go and wake Simon up from his nap so I can hold him!

Yesterday, about 15 min. before we needed to leave for church, I heard Simon screaming in the kitchen where he was eating breakfast with his daddy. He had fallen out of a chair and the chair had fallen on his big toe. (What is it with Simon and toe injuries?) I won't include too many details for those who are squemish, but it was really hard to see Simon in so much pain. That would hurt an adult, much worse a child. We had lots of bleeding and we still don't know if he'll keep the nail. We didn't make it to church. I held Simon as Matt used an ice pack to help with the swelling. Our gauze came in handy once again. Simon can't wear shoes because it would hurt his toe. Maybe tomorrow we'll try shoes. I don't know if they'll fit with all that gauze we're using.

We wanted to go to church and see Baby Alex dedicated! We have been able to visit with Kelly, Corey, Alex, and with our grandparents from Cartersville this weekend. It is so nice to have family gatherings.

We went by the pharmacy yesterday to get neosporin. The pharmacist showed us a new product: Neosporin with Pain Reliever (numbing) agent! Awesome. Perfect for this particular need.

No comments: