Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Little Valentine


This little sweetheart stole my heart a LONG time ago.

Yum, speaking of hearts, I have developed a taste for the Necco Conversation Hearts. (Thanks, Sara, for the personal recommendation!) Except the yellow ones. Though I like disliking them.

Simon is feeling poorly and might be contagious. Running a fever anywhere from 100.7 to 101.7. I think he's contagious cause I'm feeling sick, too, and Matt is likewise. Though I can't really 'afford' the time to feel sick with an under the weather husband and an 18 month old who needs to be held from 3-4:50 a.m. YEP. But once I took his temp. last night and saw that it was fairly high, it was easier to just hold him. If he hadn't had a temp, I'll admit, the little pumpkin would have found his way back to his little pumpkin patch crib. Matt might have a fever, too, but the only thermometer I've found is Simon's rectal thermometer, so you can see why I have no official temp. readings for Matt!

Funny story: Monday morning I realized why Simon had been so upset the night before at 3:00 a.m. (Yes this is 2 consecutive sleep-deprived nights. Did you know that they replay the Olympics in the middle of the night???)

So, I realized the cause of that Sunday night escapade. As I changed his clothes in the morning light Monday, I noticed a horrible cut on the bottom of his foot. Wound is a better description. I'm a wimp, but I did brace myself enough to dab it with some hydrogen peroxide. I asked Matt to come home at lunch, and he was kind enough to take initiative to dress Simon's wound better. The words laborous, precision, and tenderness come to mind. Really, Matt loves Simon so much. He made a remark to me the other night that Simon is the only one he 'worries' about--(Is he warm enough, does he need socks, etc.)

I know I said it was funny. Hang in there...it's coming.

Matt is dressing the wound and tells me I need to go out that afternoon and buy gauze. The injury is on the bottom of his foot on such a place where a band-aid won't stay. Of course, I'm not looking forward to taking sickly Simon to a store, but I know it is inevitable. Temporarily, we use a clean paper towel to dress the wound. Matt heads back to work after eating a thrown-together taco salad. I check the mail. HERE'S THE FUNNY PART. Guess what we received in the mail that day: GAUZE. I am so not kidding. How awesome is that??????? PTL!

No comments: