Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Simon Says Hi


Hi

Simon saw his picture on his Uncle Scott's computer and he kept saying "Hi" and waving to himself. It was so cute!

Well, the reason I'm blogging less and less is because we cancelled our internet, thinking we could get dsl. We were very surprised to discover that dsl is not in our area. I will not say anything about SBC because someone I know and love works for them. (right, Ashley?)

We would remedy our situation with dial-up, but Matt recently installed a new operating system on our compuer--Linux and our current modem is only Windows compatible. And then we will have the issue if picasa and hello are Linux friendly.

BUT we are waiting until we MOVE! Whoo-hoo! Last Friday, our realtor came over with an offer that we accepted! So our home is under contract, but of course, we are still in the 'option phase' where anything can happen with inspections, appraisals, and the buyer's loan. He wants to close OCTOBER 21st!

Ow, I have a toothache.

So, please pray for everything to go smoothly with an Oct. 21st closing. Then we'll see where God puts us.

Keep praying for Nancy and Josh. Nancy called on Saturday, relieving my immediate fears for her safety. She said they were in California, but in a nice way, she wouldn't give me the address b/c she knew I would have to tell the authorities. Somehow someone sent them money for bus tickets to CA. I didn't know teenagers could just get on a bus without ID or anything. That's crazy in and of itself.

Well, my immediate fears were relieved. But now I am wondering what next for Nancy? She can't finish her last year of school, I'm assuming, without being legally emancipated. What about her heart medicine-will she be able to go to a doctor? Is she safe? She mentioned Sat. that it's a little hard b/c she has ONE SET OF CLOTHES! Can't imagine that. Josh said it's legal for kids to work in CA at the age of 14, but it would be nice if he had the chance to finish his education, too. At least a high school diploma. And is he safe, really?

These are all just worries stemming from a limited worldly standpoint. Thankfully, God is bigger than my worries and His plan is above my understanding. I'm trusting, believing, and praying in faith for God's promises in scriptures to be fulfilled.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hello World said...

Nancy is a tough girl. She's in a tough spot but I believe she's made a good decision... I hope she's not gone for long