Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday Night Prayer

Well, here's a computer I can blog on for a second before I drive home.

Nancy (see previous blogs, Feb: "Sunshine and Rain at Once...) called me on Sunday afternoon, feeling sad and disheartened...I was able to encourage her in the Lord and remind her that the Lord has a plan for her. She hasn't sounded this sad in a long time, if ever. Nancy's been on my mind so much lately, even last week, I would wake up in the middle of the night and Matt and I would pray for her.

Then, later on Sunday, she calls in the middle of the night, saying that she and one of her cousins were going to run away and could I pick them up...but then she had to hang up the phone and literally run. I can't imagine running and jumping fences and even feeling like I had to run.

And, so she is gone from our sight for now. And that makes me really sad because she is like family to me. Really. And I'm sad not knowing if I'll see or hear from her again. She's 17, so I don't think she's considered a runaway. Or maybe we should say runto instead of runaway.

You know, the Lord can take what seems hopeless and turn it into something beautiful. Joseph said to his brothers, "You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good."

Please pray that the Lord would have his hand upon Nancy and her cousin Josh as they runto. Yay, I coined a new word. I believe that the Lord has set Nancy apart. Even in her brokenness Sunday, she asks me about the Bridge of Hope children with Gospel for Asia and how that was going. She said she's been praying for them.

Pray however the Lord leads you for Nancy, Josh, and their family. I'm believing in faith to hear great things about how the Lord has met their needs.

Read Psalm 116. It's Nancy's favorite.

No comments: