Saturday, September 10, 2005

Tall Decaf Non-Fat Iced Double Latte With Whip

We were so delirious last night, around 3:00 in the morning. Matt was saying that ordering at Starbucks was kind of like speaking in tongues. I guess the baristas are the interpreters. We so should have roused everyone for an exciting game of DISEASE!

Well, either I have learned how to finally make my own tasty latte or the coffee pot here is just better, because my daily latte is so good in the morning. At home, it's kind of weak. The only thing I have changed is that they use paper filters whereas we use the washable kind. Also, I left our more expensive has to be ground coffee at home and bought a canister of EXTRA DARK Folgers in the red cylinder thing. How funny if the secret to better coffee is a cheaper brand because that would be the coolest.

It would be like this summer when my Grandma said the dishwasher salesman said that the reason why a lot of people's dishes are spotty is because they use TOO MUCH detergent, filling in both the slider container and the open one in the dishwasher. He said we really only need to fill the one that closes; too much detergent makes the dishes spotty. I love finding out that less is really needed. OH wait, I just remembered that I am using Borden 1% milk instead of our usually generic skim (b/c Borden was on sale.) Hmmm....there are just too many variables. I'll experiment when I get home to determine the secret to perfect java.

We're going to hop on our bikes, when I finish this yummy coffee, and drive around some neighborhoods in Carrollton to get a feel for the area. This morning I had a nice surprise: a letter from my dear friend Dana was nestled between all of the boring mail that my parents brought us when they picked up Simon. Matt is on the phone chatting with M.Epperson. That's a fun last name: Epperson.


7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sort of thinking of a personal boycott against Starbucks for a limited time. For no reason. Just to see if I can do it. Plus, I get depressed thinking of how much money I have prob'ly spent there.

Amy said...

Simon is so going to time out now! Just kidding. I agree that we're long overdue for a chat; I was thinking Sat. morning that I wanted to talk with you and share a couple of awesome things that the Lord is doing. We are trying to move closer, and we will prob'ly not be making the drive to Wesleyan regularly.

Hello World said...

Cheaper is better sometimes. Dad always says the cheaper meat gives better burgers. And don't be extreme, you don't need to do a Starbucks fast, that would be lucicrous

Amy said...

what, exactly, does lucicrous mean? Is it a cross between ludicrous and lucid?

Amy said...

By the way, Scotty, the self-inflicted STarbucks fast is going fine. It's been 4ish days and counting...

Hello World said...

Hey, do you guys have good access to the internet out there? and no, I'm not that smart, you know this...just ludicrous, and I'm not sure what that means

Amy said...

Yep on good internet access, but my cell phone works just fine, too, little brother. You should try it sometime :)