Monday, December 12, 2011

Evie's School Program and Simon's Sleepover


Happy Fall, Ya'll!

So, I realize we just skipped from August 4th to the end of November.
I'll fill in the gaps sometime.
There are some cute pic somewhere of Simon's first day of First Grade, and some cute pic of the fall festival, and of Evie on her birthday.

Of course, since they are my kids, they are all cute photos.


Evie took to a creative spot for her afternoon silent reading time!
She doesn't actually read yet, but don't tell her that!


Simon had an entire week off of school.
He had a friend sleepover one night, and they had a great time together.
Thankfully, they did not stay up UNTIL PAST TWO like they did on Simon's birthday!

Just two little guys in stealth mode armed with a single lamp, a few legos, and endless supplies of knock knock jokes. It was actually a funny story, because Matt and I were asleep by 10, and we thought the boys were asleep. Around 2 I checked on them when I happened to wake up, and they were huddled around the lamp in Simon's room with legos.

I asked how they had stayed up so long, and they said they'd been telling knock knock jokes.

My only regret is that I didn't video tape them. It could have gone viral on youtube. They were so delirious and quite entertaining.


There's my handsome kid!


Every kid needs a loyal friend!
Simon and Timmy are actually in the same class this year.
So far, so good.



This kid was a trip. He is in third grade, and he had Evie wrapped around his finger!
They played restaurant for the longest time. Then, he recruited Simon and Timmy to join him, and he made himself manager! Good business brains ...


Evie in her pilgrim garb after her program at school.
We had an hour to kill before her dr's appt for her allergies, so we stopped at one of my favorite places - a thrift store!


The secret to thrift stores is that you have to go as much as you can. Even if you only have a few minutes between errands (it helps that one opened a mile from me).

Stopping in frequently means you get a good handle on prices, store policies, store layout, and, of course, better dibs on "new" merchandise.

I took these pic of Evie because she was so cute. She kept picking up things and telling me who we should buy them for. Apparently she thought Uncle Scott would like these flowers and the pillow in the previous pic!


The Thanksgiving Program at Evie's school was a riot.

Can you see Evie? Middle row and fully in character as a solemn pilgrim.

She didn't move a muscle the entire time - through all the action songs!

And you can see she is sitting between two boys were were crying THE WHOLE TIME.


I loved how the school had the kids make placemats ahead of time!
And having the kids plates already made with such kid-friendly foods was genius!

No comments: