Monday, March 09, 2009

Snapshots of Life with Children

A couple of invitations we made.  Simon ran out of 'craftiness' pretty soon.  I think my pig (left) is pretty good .... :)  My favorite part is Corn Pops = Popcorn.
Check out those hands!
Future pianist!
This outfit was originally Simon's.

I am a lazy person;  well, not really, but lazy in this circumstance.
  Someone gave us a huge box of baby wipes awhile ago.  Even though I make my wipes, I thought the store wipes would be good for errands, in a tight spot, etc.  Would you believe that I have not made wipes in months.  The day our last wipe box was empty, I made the wipes.  They take about 10 min. to make 3 boxes worth, but I kept putting it off for months ...
Evie exploring the play structure.  It will be fun when she can toddle around!  I think her cousin Blaize has taken a few steps already!
Simon and I watched a 'how-to' video online about how to draw a pig.
This was his first attempt.
It is actually better than his official one that went on the invitation.
We were able to take Grace to the Arbor Hills with us last week.  The timing was perfect - Simon wanted a friend to go with us and we were able to keep her during her mom's doctor's appointment.   She loved to swing Evie and she had fun taking a few pictures with the camera.
Photographer Grace took this pic.
I LOOOOOVE this face!
Pausing from their energy-expenditures.
A perfect day for scooters.
Simon would overtake us on his scooter (he is near the end of the fence) but would come back when we called.  I had to keep him near us so he wouldn't go starting embarrassing conversations again with strange men.
I spy Simon.
Simon scaling the walls.
My first jello-eggs.
I need a better funnel system for putting the jello in the molds.
My turkey baster did not work so well :)
The kids gobbled them up as well as the fruit gummies that Asa brought to share.
What do you eat at a Charlotte's Web Party?
Simon chose the main dish:  Mac and Cheese
I made the jello eggs (in honor of the rotten egg that Templeton collects)
Debi brought the adorable pig cookies, in honor of Wilbur.
A closer look at Debi's masterpiece.
They were made from a strawberry cake mix.
At one point I paused the movie for the boys to decorate their popcorn bags.
This is a close-up of Gabriel's bag.
It is of the pig being slaughtered.
I made the boys stay on the coffee table while they were eating the buttery popcorn.
Decorating their popcorn bags.
I felt exhausted last week a couple of days.  It was abnormal for me.  Anyway, Simon's party was from 11-2.  I think next time a better time limit would be 11-1.  I was rather tired at 2 and since it wasn't near Evie's naptime, I went into Evie's room (the safest toys) with BOTH KIDS and pushed a heavy bookcase in front of the bedroom door, to ensure that they would stay in there.  Then I rested for an hour on the floor (hence the pillows) and the kids took turns crawling on me.  I took the picture to show the effect of corralled play.
I had to take a picture of Gabriel's ride home from the party.
Simon thinks the above picture is the 'best picture ever.'  He thinks it is pretty crazy and cool how the net is in front of his face.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

This made me laugh. Especially Gabriel's pig being slaughtered, and the dream. Crazy dreams remind me of myself. Because I'm always having them :D

Anonymous said...

Did Simon make up the "corn pops = popcorn" all by himself? That's too cute.

Was the Charlotte's Web party a birthday party or a "just because" party?