Thursday, March 19, 2009

More Yummy and Edible Faces


Homemade tamales courtesy of the Pecina Family.

Sweet potato 'fries' are amazing.
I wish sweet potatoes were always in season.
Brush a mixture of olive oil, salt and nutmeg on slices.
Cook on a high temp.
Prepare to be delighted.


I feel like this little guy has a personality.



The one above is my favorite face for this post.
I actually 'lost' a lot of faces from last autumn when we changed computers and the hard-drive to which we had saved our iphoto crashed.


Beach Bum





Ew.  Matt did this one.  The ketchup provokes my 'ew' response.
The 'hair' is spaghetti squash.






This meal looked better on our plates than as a face, especially with Matt's 'signature' ketchup.
Eggplant, avocado, potatoes and crowder peas.  It was yum-o, minus the ketchup-o.




Pucker up

5 comments:

Alicia said...

You are so creative, Amy! I love all the different faces! Maybe I should try this to see if Rebekah would eat better.

Summer said...

Those are so cute! Will your kids really eat all that stuff? Peppers, squash, avocado, etc.? If so, I'm extremely impressed by their discerning palates.

Amy said...

They will eat their weight in avocado. Simon loves bell peppers - uncooked, though. If I try and slip them in spaghetti sauce (cooked) I have started pureeing them first just to stop all of the whining, "I don't like the green stuff in my spaghetti..." I think he ate the spaghetti squash fairly well. Butternut squash is definitely more of his style and texture. Evie ate her first bites of raw green pepper yesterday ... I have a feeling she might be more picky - we can't get this lucky twice ...

Why do we Always have to Be Brave said...

Hey amy I did not know how to get a hold of you except on here mr. Belknap passed away on friday they are having the furanel tomorrow

Rachel said...

These are so fun!!!