Saturday, April 19, 2008

Precious Moments

I think I've mentioned this before, but it is fun to explore this website:
joshbales.com
I had to take a picture of Simon's "green thumb."
Hmmm...better keep the markers away.

Last Thursday Evie went crazy! 
 She actually cried, and we didn't know what to do!  
A warm bath and a tummy massage seemed to help.  
She did an exercise dvd with me (holding her made it extra hard)! 
 Eventually, she went to sleep!

Uncle Scott over late last Friday night!  He was a good sport and helped some of us ladies make mints for a baby shower.   There was a, um, ..., big difference in the delicacy of the mints made, proving once again that boys and girls are very different!

Crystal wanted a picture of Randy actually holding a baby ... ;)
Bliss ,gone a little awry in the eye-region by Simon's errant hand...

This is an actual conversation that occurred as we drove Sunday afternoon to my parents house.  Matt was drinking a home-brought thermos of iced tea.

Amy:  What are you doing drinking tea?  You did that yesterday, too.
Matt:  I'm transitioning away from coffee.
Amy:  What?  Why?  We didn't discuss this.
Matt:  For the summer-I do it every year.  
I just can't drink coffee when it's 100 degrees.
Amy:  (sad expression, as coffee is a shared experience of morning conversations)
Matt:  Don't worry, I'll still make you coffee.
Amy:  But 100 degree summertime is months away.
Matt:  I know, I'm just "getting my tea on."

I snapped this picture to show how much a part of everything Evie was last Saturday night.  She was just sitting alert in Terri's lap, wanting to be a part of it all.  Look closely, you'll see her on the couch, just wanting to be about the activity.

(We had an impromptu viewing of part of Brian Regan's comedy dvd, after an unplanned girls-only walk to Target, and an unplanned meal of leftovers when the girls dropped by the baby-shower accessory-returns.)
Today, after Simon was corrected for disobeying, I asked him how he felt.

Simon:  I feel like a big stinker.
Mom:  (wondering, did he really just say that?)
Mom:  Hm, what did you say, Simon?  How do you feel?
Simon:  Like a stinker, because I was bad.  I wanna be good.
Mom:  Yay!  It's so much more fun when you obey.
Simon:  (kicking his legs in ecstasy, as he was in his carseat, as we drove, and putting out his arms to me)
Simon:   Mom!  I can't reach you to hold you!



Simon:  "Look Mom, she's talking with her eyes!"
(He has taken on the role of her interpreter)

As I was sitting at the computer, Simon walked up with his Doctor's Kit
Simon:  Mom, I'm going to make you better.

(We took Simon to his pediatrician Monday, and surprisingly, yet thankfully, his strep test came back negative.  But, whatever it was, he shared it with his daddy!)


Matt, overheard on the topic on  Evie,..."She's the cutest thing in the universe."

My mom comments that it will be interesting to see the way that we (specifially Matt,) discipline Evie.  She seems to think that Matt will be unable to be as 'strict' with Evie ...


Whoo-hoo! 
Okay, Evie is still not sitting up very well!  She really isn't even turning over much.  I mean, she HAS turned over before, but it doesn't seem to be an exercise that she is actively pursuing.  "Active" just doesn't seem to describe her at all!
Simon didn't crawl until 9 months and he walked right at 14 months, so I think we're just creating some passive babies ;)  No hurry.  More time for me to "re-babyproof" our home.

Well, Scott d0g-sat Tania's dog Boomer last weekend for a bit.
We were joking with him that he better not ruin things with Tania by losing Boomer.

Scott said, "Yeah, it's a cute dog.  If it gets out, I'll be in serious trouble.  Like Dwight and Angela (from The Office).  So, don't let the dog out." 

 (directions to us as we visited last weekend)

Wow, these pictures are so cute they make my heart beat a little faster!


We were talking to Matt's brother on the phone a couple of days ago.
After my turn talking, Ollie ended the conversation with this sentence that I told him I was going to put on my blog,

Ollie:  Well, I'm going to let you go now, so I can eat lunch and do whatever I want.


Simon was making sure that Evie Grace was covered as well.


Well, perhaps the silliest thing I have done in awhile:
presidentschallenge.org
I think you get some kind of certificate in the mail... :)


I was exploring my old blog-posts from Simon's first year.  I didn't remember this, but his first official crawl was April 13th!  He was 9 months old.  And, interesting notation:  we were in D.Carroll's office at GFA during our staff-interview when Simon, who was with us, crawled!) 
 I had forgotten that memory until I saw it on an old blog!


Evie getting out of her torrential bath.  Really.  I peeked in and the water was SO HIGH! and more water was just gushing from the spout.  Matt said she liked it!  
I tend to give less exciting baths.


Last night for dinner, I gave Simon the red plate of food, and two empty plastic plates, for him to make faces with!  He ended up eating ALL of his food.  Even the asparagus, which is not usually the case.  He always likes trees (broccoli and cauliflower), and the tomatoes and pineapple chunks are pretty much a given, but I was surprised that he ate all of his asparagus, a couple of cooked carrots and squash, and his chicken!  Maybe he is in a growth spurt!

These pictures were from this morning!  
It was a perfect Saturday morning, kind of like the one you imagine having with your children.

  I'm not sure if I slept from 4 - 6 a.m. (Simon had an accident at 4 a.m.), and when Evie woke up at 6, I fed her, but just couldn't put her back in bed.  She was so sweet!  So, I think I stared at her and played with her for an hour before grabbing the camera.  

Next, Simon woke up, and a photo shoot followed.  

Then, Simon and I did put Evie back in bed and we drove to get donuts and coffee. 
 Afterwards, we came back, had breakfast with Matt, and watched old cartoons.  
(Simon can practically sing the whole Transformers' theme song...it's pretty cute)


Matt commented on our donut breakfast...
Matt:  "That was the best unhealthy breakfast I've had in awhile."

(He had to distinguish it as the best "unhealthy" breakfast, because last week's "healthy" French Toast with fresh Strawberries, brought and made by Teressa and aided by Tony's supreme carrying abilities!), was the best breakfast in a loooong time!
  Really, I have never thought of making FRENCH toast with FRENCH break and it was divine.  And it was definitely healthy, what with the fruit and eggs!

Oh, after breakfast, I asked Matt if he could think of anyone we could give the donuts to (there were over half a dozen left)  He had a hilarious answer, "The joggers."
(From our front window we have a great view of those health-conscious individuals out for a morning run!  The thought of trying to get them to eat a donut, especially from strangers, is quite comical!)  Anyway, the donuts are in our freezer for next Saturday's breakfast, as we couldn't think of what to do with the excesss.


Our shadows as we played in bed this morning...I told Simon I didn't know that there was a bunny in our room ... He was laughing so hard I feared he might get sick!


I commented to Matt after breakfast that it felt like we were an "official" family, with Saturday morning bed-time, donuts, and cartoons.  Matt said, "Well, I wasn't really there.  I was trying to sleep."  Tis true, and tis proved by above picture :)


CUTIE PATOOTIE (s)


This was Simon when he first walked in and realized Matt was asleep.
Yes, Simon has two lambies at present.  He brought back the lamb "lovey" that is supposed to stay at my mom's house.  Back-up "lovies" are an excellent idea!


Simon wanted to be close to his daddy, even if it meant sitting in the small space allowed by the bed's edge!


So, I was thinking that if I ever decorate a nursery again, maybe for a friend or something, I think a fun and easy "theme" would be polka dots!   That would work for a boy or a girl, and the only downside would be that it might cause headaches or dizziness...

I LOVE Chrissy's idea for a nursery, though.  Tie-dyed.  That would be fun to do, though I would have to seek permission to borrow the idea.  If no one makes tie-dyed baby accessories, I guess you could buy a white bedskirt, blanket, etc, and just tie-dye them!  Ooh, and I think Chrissy mentioned using a lava-lamp, too!  And maybe some beads hanging in the doorway ... 


Hope these pictures made you smile!

2 comments:

thetysonfamily said...

Yes, they did. ;) You have such adorable kiddos! :) I loved the stories. And Evie is putting on some adorable chunk!!

Tania :) said...

Ya'll are too cute! :) What a gorgeous family!

I'm real glad Boomer didn't get lost- there might be some issues. ESPECIALLY if he somehow ended up suspiciously in the freezer!