Sunday, April 06, 2008

March 25 thru April 2 2008

So, Evie's bottom reads, "DYNO-TOOTSIE."
I didn't realize how much I wanted a little girl until Evie-Grace!
On many levels I feel elated; one of those levels being that she can attend baby-showers and the like with me!
Simon with friends.
Simon is so social!   Whenever we are on walks, he is often entreating various animals (dogs, cats, etc) to come over to his home and eat his food...
Asa giving Simon a ride in the fire engine.
Simon's Doodle-Pro Art
He described this as "Jesus on the cross dying."
Easter made an impression on him this year!
(He also tells us that Jesus rose from the 'death.')
Another side of Simon.  I walked into Simon's room and saw him wearing my sunglasses and armed with part of our vacuum cleaner.
I asked him what he was doing.  He said he was 'biting things.'

Yes, that is our roof.
Yes, that is Matt on our roof.
Why?  Hmm...take a guess.  Really.   Okay, make your guess and keep reading.
Simon and another 'weapon.'
He was getting the birds.
Like father, like son.
So, this is why Matt was on the roof.
Doesn't everyone fly kites from their rooftops?
Well, I finally submitted to facebook's ubiquitous call.
I always thought I would spend too much time on it, so I resisted joining.
Also, I will remain true to blogger.
But, it seemed like everyone knew more about everyone, and when that included friends knowing more about my brother's life than I did, I joined ;)
Still lovin' my red-head joy.
Matt on our rooftop looking rather pensive as he untangles Simon's kite.
Evie is getting stronger each week, with regards to her upper body.  
Dwight (from The Office) would be proud!  Ooh, this Friday our favorite mocumentary re-airs the first new episode since the writer's strike ended! 
Evie will be six months old on April 29th!
I need to get around to letting her try rice-cereal before her check-up.
Simon will have fun watching her try cereal.
If everything goes well, we'll get the go ahead for other baby 'solids.'
 I always thought the suggestions in parenting magazines to make creative 'presentations' of children's foods seemed like a good idea, but something I would never remember to do.  A few times, lately, though, based upon the random food we were eating, I knew of no better way to present it to Simon than in the form of a funny face!
Simon ate the yellow bell-pepper hair, the strawberry cheeks, the cucumber eyes, the carrot nose ... and barely touched the peanut-butter sandwich mouth!

Like our dear friend Rachael, we, too, laud the greatness of H-Mart.
Seriously, avocados at 3/$1???  Blueberries for $ 1.29??  Strawberries for 99 cents?  Winter squash at 79 cents a lb??  Pineapples for $1.50?

And the best part, the disclaimer on the circular that, "Due to the editing process, there may be mistakes..."
Oh, and the 'lottery' with the 14th place prize being disposable rubber gloves..
Well, I have been faithful massaging Evie's scalp and brushing it, hoping that the stimulation will help her hair grow faster!  
Evie, you can thank me when you are older!!
Sometimes, I wake Evie up early from a nap--
Just so Simon and I can play with her.
This stage is precious.  I am cherishing every bit of it!
(Okay, I am not cherishing the weekly suppositories...I have never heard of a b.f. baby needing help with that...her pediatrician said not to let her go a whole week without, um, that, so it seems like every 6 days, there we are...)
Simon was with me buying groceries last week.
As the cashier (who was paying lots of attention to Simon) bagged our milk, Simon told her (I'm so glad it was a female) that "Mommy has milk."  She laughed, as she knew EXACTLY what Simon was talking about.  I made sure she knew I had a 5-month baby at home, less she think that this big toddler was the recipient ... ;)


Well, Simon's antics increased as we left the store.  In the parking lot, he was yelling random harsh vocalizations in a semi-playful manner.  I have a sometimes helpful, sometimes harmful habit of not 'hearing' things well.  Well, when I finally 'listened' to Simon, I heard what he was yelling, "BLESSED BE YOUR NAME!"  (over and over again in either a playful or scary tone, depending on the listener...)  Hmmm...
A verse from chapter 6 of Daniel,
"For he is the living God and he endures forever;
His kingdom will not be destroyed,
His dominion will never end.
He rescues and He saves;
He performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on earth."

No comments: