Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Week Six









Wow, Evie slept eight hours last night. I think I fed her around 10 and then after some rocking, she slept 11 til 7 this a.m. Matt called her a sleeping maniac. That's one 'insult' I don't mind. Even if the long stretch is in isolation, it's pretty nice. Simon, however, woke up twice crying from what I think was a dream or maybe just being cold. So, we have yet to fully appreciate a nice long interrupted stretch of sleep, but we're getting closer. Everyday, a little closer. And, it's not like we are missing sleep from an illness or family tragedy, just catching a little less sleep because of two little blessings, so it's not so bad when you think of it in that respect.

I didn't know Simon was so into candy. We don't usually have it for him. He received a package last night from Uncle K.P. and Auntie Gisela with some candy in it and we let him open a couple of pieces this morning. He was so happy. And delighted. I was reminded of what comedian Ray Romano says about candy. His little girl was staring out the window and was smiling. He asked what she was thinking about and she said, "Candy," So, that's what it means by, "Visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads."

"Did you just go in Evie's room?" "Yeah, sorry." Hmmm...this just happened and I think her nap might be over. Different challenges with two little ones around.

Well, I've got to go get SImon ready to go to his friend's house today. They are going to decorate a christmas tree. I"m taking Evie with me to Mesquite for my postpartum checkup. Hopefully the cold rain will hold off until sweet little Evie is nestled in the van.

Tomorrow is packing day for our trip on Friday. We've made the laundry room a catch-all for everything going on the road trip with us.

In these pictures, Simon is talking to Timmy on the phone. He'll ask, "Where is my Timmy?" Sweet to see the reciprocated friendship from both little lads.

1 comment:

Crazy Hat Society said...

Its so neat to be able to watch little Evie get bigger and bigger, even in just a few short weeks!

Motherhood agrees with you.