Sunday, September 02, 2007

Laundry Time



Simon is easily entertained! Simon had fun last night at his friend Elia's house. Matt and I went to an "Office" themed birthday party for our friend Sally. Season Four of the office starts Sept. 27, so we better get busy watching Season 3 when it comes out on video Tuesday.
Matt is riding his bike right now and Simon and I are feeling just a tad under the weather.

Simon had his 3 year check-up and his height was over the 95% and his weight was around 85%. (41 inches and 37 lbs) He'll definitely be one of the taller kids in his classroom. When his doctor came in the room, Simon said, "Good Morning, Dr. Bill." He then asked Dr. Bill lots of "What's this?" questions, pointing to different objects in the room. I told the doctor that I think Simon was just testing his credentials. He passed superbly being able to label even the trashcan and winning Simon's trust.

Simon and I picked up Rachael yesterday morning to go to IKEA. We arrived there before opening to enjoy breakfast and then we probably had the shortest visit ever, just picking up 3 items we needed. I needed some lamp bases for Evie's room to go w/ the IKEA shades. Very pleasant. Simon asked where Sarah (Cox) was and I said, "Oh sweetie, she's in Georgia." He said "Georgia? Can I go to Georgia?" Very cute.

Then I spent some time visiting over lemonade with a discovered kindred spirit, Heidi, and then we explored a resale shop.

Simon was a trooper yesterday when we had to spend some time down the street in Dollar Tree, waiting for our floors to drive at home. I told Simon he could pick one item. So, after browsing the entire store, I asked him what he wanted. He said "Bubbles." I was a little surprised, since he has so many bubbles, but then he specifically wanted the ones that came with a "gun" that shoots them. He wanted the "scaring thing" which is his personal kenning for guns. He's so cute, making a gun pretty much out of anything and then asking, "May I scare you?" And then he shoots you ever so politely. I'm glad he is all boy! The other day at the Rainforest Cafe, he turned his straw into a 'scaring thing' and was attacking the wild animals.

No comments: