Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall Weather!




We enjoyed an early surprise day of autumn weather yesterday; we are fully aware that temps might go back into the 100s, but it's been such an odd summer, so who knows? I think the high was 79 yesterday.

Simon and I went on a walk w/ our tennis rackets (well, his was a smaller racquetball racket). My main goal was to retrace my earlier walk from before he woke up. I had lost my sunglasses somehow. I guess we overlooked them or someone had already come across them and picked them up, as we didn't find them :( I am pretty addicted to sunglasses, so I'll have to get some more as soon as the opportunity arises.

After prayer last night, we had to make a quick trip to Kroger's, as we are using one car this week. (An out of town family of a friend of ours is using our van this week in lieu of renting a van). Simon was pretty excited about wanting a box of "macer and cheese" (as he calls it). I think he dreamt about it last night. He wanted the "macer and cheese" as a bedtime snack, but we said he had to wait until lunch today. Then last night he was crying and I went in there and he said he was "Crying for Timmy." So, this morning I asked him if he remembered crying last night, and he said, "I was crying for Timmy." So I asked, why were you crying for Timmy. He said he was "Crying for Timmy and his house." Sweet, I should have quit my questioning then. Then I said "Why did you want Timmy and his house?" And Simon said, "He can eat with me. Eat Macer and Cheese." Hmmm...

So, guess what he wanted for breakfast, but isn't getting until lunch?

No comments: