Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weekend Pix






These are some pix from this weekend.

Friday night we had some late night friends come in (Kellie and little Terry.) They were able to stay until the next a.m. after breakfast. I think I am still recovering from the lack of sleep that night.

To me, Simon looks like a giant next to Alex, or, at the very least, he looks much older that a 2 year old.

Simon was cracking us up. Most of the time when he would touch Alex, he would say, "That's wet." (Because Alex is still at the young age when drooling is very common.) In the tub, Simon kept pouring water on Alex who didn't mind at all.

Simon is a sympathetic 'crier.' If we are in a store and we hear a baby crying, I have to remind Simon that doesn't mean he needs to cry, b/c he will usually cry in resonse to the cry. This happens a lot. On Saturday morning, I unfortunately got a large amount of soap in my eye, and it hurt! I haven't been in that much pain in a long time. Anyway, I didn't cry but I definitely cried out in pain many times and Simon came running and was so confused and also begin to cry out in pain. His empathy is really quite touching. I explained to him that mommy's eye hurt and many times throughout the day he would say, "Mommy hurt eye." "That's okay."

Usually when I put him down at night I remind him not to get down from his bed. I also remind him that he is a big boy, a good boy. In the morning, after he says, "Good morny" to me, he might comment, "I a good boy."

So, last night I was putting him down and I asked, "Are you my good boy." He said, "No." But, he stayed in bed all night and its been 12 hours so he must be my good boy, after all.

It's hard to leave him when he makes pleas, "Mommy, hug? Kiss kiss? Mommy, pillow." (When he wants me to lay down for a bit.) Matt and I almost fight over putting him in bed now. Many times I have gone back in for one more hug/kiss (usually for my sake,) to find Matt in there getting another hug also. We've bumped into each other in Simon's doorway before. "Hey, what are you doing?" "Giving Simon one more hug. What are you doing?" "Giving Simon one more hug."

No comments: