Friday, December 15, 2006

Si and Timmy







Simon and Timothy are becoming fast friends. It is so sweet and hilarious to see them get so excited to see each other. They are quite vocal and animated in their joy.

While they were eating lunch yesterday, one of them one say a word of a common object in the room and the other would echo.

We're trying to work on Simon's hugging. I"m trying to teach him: hug, let go. He seems to get stuck on just hugging and doesn't let go and it comes across a little strong and 'bullyish', depending on the recipient. I wish he would hug me that way :) My hugs are momentary seconds of time between play.

Simon and Timothy are going to have to form a praise band one day.

I wish I had had my camera yesterday. Simon and Lorena were both in car seats in our van and when I looked back at one point, they were holding hands. Lorena with her movie star sunglasses and smile was just too cute and I was really sad not to have a camera.

Now, they had their moments of angst, but overall, as with Timmy, love and joy availed much.

There is a photo of Simon taking a toy from Timothy as proof to my mom (who has trouble believing) that Simon is, ... um, not the perfect model of agape love. What is uncommon, is how he smiles and enjoys taking toys so much. Matt was looking at the picture and jokingly telling me that I was like a person filming a documentary who does nothing to stop the evil around them. (I am sure that I intervened right after the pix was snapped) :)

Yesterday, Natalie perfectly captured a moment of our day. We were driving in the van in 73 degree weather, on our way to take Lorena and Simon to Chick-fil-a and were listening to Harry Connick Junior's "The Songs I've Heard." Natalie commented, "Somewhere in the United States there are people driving around in the snow, listening to Christmas music, and drinking hot chocolate. Here we are, listening to jazz music and drinking icees in weather that is far from snow." [Natalie is Lorena's older sister (11) and that might not be a direct quote, but I think it is close enough.]

1 comment:

Hello World said...

Thats really funny! Thats the Good Samaritan Law, you can serve time for that, lol.