Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving Continued







The cold, icy pictures are from today, November 30th. Yesterday at this time it was 79 degrees. When we drove to church last night, it was 78 degrees. By the time we reached church, it was 52 degrees, and on our way home it was 42 degrees. When I stepped outside today I realized how wonderful it was to have such pleasant temperatures over Thanksgiving. The weather was wonderful. You could be comfortable in short sleeves, long sleeves or a light jacket. This weather is nice, too, ... for penguins and polar bears :)

Tonight we are going to put the record player in the living room, play old timey Christmas music, and wrap any Christmas gifts that we have bought already and put them under our tree!

Ooh, that reminds me that I need to post a pix of our tree soon.

So, I wonder if I will still get to play tennis this Saturday with Gretchen ...

Also hoping Simon gets better from his cold so that we can go to Timothy's birthday party on Saturday! I love the pix of Matt, Timothy, and Simon at the piano! When Timothy came over last Saturday, Simon was still taking his afternoon nap, so he was completely surprised when he woke up to see that his good friend Timothy was here. Usually Simon takes a few minutes to wake up, but when we went into our closet to get him up from his nap (yes, he slept in our closet during Thanksgiving in a playpen so that Ollie could have Simon's room and a bit of privacy,) Simon just woke right up, smiled, and said, "Hi, Timmy!"

Simon was a little trooper sleeping in the closet. He only climbed out of his playpen twice (and that was on day one and two), and then he quickly adjusted to his new 'rules' of sleeping. When Ollie left and we put SImon back in his room, he quickly adjusted to that, also! PTL!

1 comment:

Hello World said...

You're a great writer. I love the pix you got with me and Simon, I will have to keep it.
Is that after he was crying???
Love you three