Monday, October 16, 2006

Chuck E. Cheese and Pumpkin






Scott spent the night over here on Friday the 13th. We all walked to Target together to buy ... matches (seriously that is what I needed) and then we picked up chips and salsa at Chilis for dinner. While I finished making the tortilla soup to go with our salsa, the boys (all 3) went to the park and kicked the soccer ball around. This was a milestone for me. It was almost dark. To let Simon go to the park where there is the danger of the road and the creek without me was a HUGE act of faith.

After Simon was asleep, we watched (Okay, Matt and Scott) watched a scary movie that they had rented. Fog -- the 1980s version. I can't do the scary movie thing. Instead, I indulged in what I consider an extravagant use of time -- creating a myspace. AGH. It is a necessary evil. Without the simplest of Myspace accounts, I can't comment on other people's myspaces. Most of the teens in the class we teach on Wed. have Myspaces. I have misgivings about Myspace, but I hope to just use it for comments and such. I AM FAITHFUL TO MY BLOGSPOT. I LOVE GOOGLE.

If you are so interested and want to invite me as a friend, my Myspace is www.myspace.com/conversationswithamy

So, Simon loved Chuck E.Cheese. It was his friend James' party. Simon was dancing with the 'real' Chuck E. Cheese when he came out. It was sooo cute. He was right up in the front, on the little stage, just dancing along. I have it on video. Priceless. We discovered that tokens are a waste for his age. He would hop off a ride right when it started OR just press the orange button that took the token over and over instead of actually playing the game.

Matt carves a pumpkin. It is NOT AN INDICATION THAT WE CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN! I tried to get Matt to be non-traditional and carve Texas' outline or just moon and stars. But, we went mainstream with the non-halloween design that we chose.

Simon kept walking up to the pumpkin, and acting like he was eating it. He would put his hand out, touch the pumpkin, put it to his mouth and smack his lips and say, "Yum, pumpkin." Or, he might say, "All gone," after he 'ate' some of the pumpkin.

No comments: