Tuesday, October 24, 2006

THE BIG CHANGE





What were we thinking? Now I know why some friends postpone the inevitable crib-bed transition. So, far, Simon has slept 2 nights and one nap in his 'big boy' bed. The nighttime events have required less than 5 interactions with our 'rod,' but naptime yesterday...that blessed 2.5 to 3.5 hour respite...probably had around 17 interactions with a paint stir stick. He went to nap at 2, didn't fall asleep until 5 and we let him sleep til 6:45 since early that day he had had a low fever.

At 2.30 in the morning, I thought I heard something. I thought correctly. I went in to Simon's room and he was standing at the edge of his bed saying "mommy?" I picked him up, ready to inforce our rule and consequence, but I noted his breathing was that of someone sleeping. I looked at him and he was sleeping! Creepy. I hope we don't have a sleep-walker or sleep-stander... Maybe he just fell asleep when he was picked up and held. I think he was out of the bed rescuing 'stoopy.'


Aww...He is saying, "Fuffin?" and wandering around the kitchen. We had muffins last week and he really liked them. Sorry, buddy, it is oatmeal again today!

No comments: