Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Update

I haven't sat in front of a computer in awhile, but now that we the computer set up and dsl working, I should be able to enjoy the privilege once again.

I just finished listening to Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon on audio cd. I love the Mitford Series. I was so excited a few weeks ago to see the last novel come out. I was at the airport in St.Louis. I resisted the urge to buy the hardcover edition, knowing my grandfather in Cartersville would be buying it and knowing he wouldn't mind me borrowing it. He must have read it super fast, because word has it that it is already in the mail. Last week I checked out Shepherds Abiding, a novella with the same characters as the Mitford series. I needed something to keep me company while I unpacked and organized our bedroom closet.

I am a huge fan of audio books. They kept me company during Simon's first months when it was really hard to sit and hold a book and feed him at the same time. It's still hard, but for different reasons. Now, it's hard because there is always something to pick up, wash, cook, heat up, or throw out. But, I'm enjoying the sitting down that the actual paper book I'm getting in the mail will require. I'm already anticipating stealing moments to read.

Simon is becoming less like a baby every day and more like a toddler. Lots of fun. His uncle Ollie just left for the airport. He's been here a week and is a huge fan of his favorite (and only) nephew. We're thinking about going to IKEA this afternoon with Matt's parents. I have a couple of returns to make and am in desperate need to make some decisions for curtains in our home. Really, it's a good thing we have nothing to hide because two of our front windows are completely open. Which means, if anyone is looking, that they can see that we still need to buy a light for our dining room which has wires hanging down from the ceiling.

I'm going to end this post just so it doesn't look too long. I have more rambling to offer.

No comments: