Saturday, November 26, 2005

More Rambling

Here is the bonus rambling I promised.

When I went to the Carrollton Library last week I was so excited at all of the possibilites. I was fond of our little South Garland Branch, even a little touched when the librarian seemed like she would genuinely miss seeing Simon and I, but....
the Carrollton library (the one on Keller Springs) is a world of difference. The South Garland Branch was in an old abandoned Food Lion Grocery store. Here are some of the new ammenities we will enjoy: a parking garage, an attached coffee/tea shop, walking paths/lake outside, nice librarians who looked in the back for a particular book for me without me even asking, actually letting you walk around with the coffee (I think), a place for parking your bike or skateboard, should I ever take up skateboarding which is past my imagination's limits...

No comments: