Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Update

Last weekend we 'moved in' to my parents home.

Today we closed on our home here, but we get tomorrow to load up the truck.

Matt will be 'moving out' this weekend to our new home that we hope to close on tomorrow at high noon. He'll only be 5-10 minutes from GFA, and he will be able to go home at night and do some work like painting, etc.

There is a lot of minor work that we plan to do before the family and furniture move in --painting, pulling up carpet and replacing it with ? (we're leaning towards laminate flooring again.)

It will be another 2-3 weeks of hard work. I feel bad for Matt because his back is hurting again. I think it was the packing that we did last week. Once we get the walls painted and flooring down, Simon and I will officially move in. It will be in stages, but we're almost there.

I guess the next couple of weekends or so will be 'extreme home makeover' for us. Anyone reading is officially invited to join the work crew. Come on, be a volunteer :) I think it will take a community to get us officially relocated!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'd love to see that light teal color especially, I think that's the color we're wanting in our guest room. Um, I'm sick, so I don't think I should go to the retreat thing. I think it's a slight case of food poisoning (sonic), but it could be the virus going around church. Bad weekend for it, huh?