Sunday, May 08, 2005

Not Winning Any Mothering Awards


Not Mother of the Year

Yesterday was Mother's Day. No one was knocking down my door to deliver any awards. I think I know why.

Last week, on Tuesday night, I accidentally spilled a big drop of hand sanitizer on Simon's right eye. I had just changed his diaper and was acting goofy, trying to make him smile, when I, in a maladroit moment, spilled 97% alcohol on his eye.

So sad. Matt came running when he heard me and Simon crying. Simon was also screaming.

So Matt started to flush Simon's eye with water, like the bottle said to do. Unknowingly, as he was flushing it out, the water became scalding hot at some point and Matt continued to douse Simon. (Until we realized.)

So, this is Simon after the handsanitizer and hot water eye treatment. We don't know why his bottle was leaking so badly.


No comments: