Thursday, April 14, 2011

Simon and Evie - Sweet Sayings


Simon is one of the sweetest and kindest children I know, especially to his sister and mother!
Simon recently requested to take me out on a date and we had such a nice time together. He held the door open for me (and then all the other ladies .... but then there were none so I had to tell him it would be polite to shut the door).

We've been on a couple of other dates before, now that I think about it. Once we played checkers at Borders and once we played Rummikub at Starbucks. We've also done Chuck E. Cheese for the games. But this time was different because Simon initiated it, tried to pay for it from his bank (I had to slip in a card to help pay for it), and he also initiated a lot of conversation. For the first time, it felt like quality time with me vs. playing games was the priority. He was so pleasant and full of conversation. We'll have to do that more often!

He is planning to sell some water bottles in our front yard to the exercise enthusiasts to make money for another date! Quite the entrepreneur.

He was very thoughtful when I mentioned that his dad would like the maple scone that Simon chose as his treat; he made sure to save part of it for Matt.

We were driving to school the other day, and Simon pointed out some knockout roses in someone's yard. I'm sure his Nana had previously informed him of the type of roses that they were, and as he told me, that they were called knockout roses because they were so beautiful they knocked you over.
He said some people are so pretty that they are 'knock outs,' too.
I asked if he knew any knock-out beauties.
At first he didn't.
After pointedly asking again, while batting my eyes, Simon gushed,
"Well, mom, of course you are very beautiful, but I don't think people actually fall over.
Maybe if you hit them a little ... :) "

Evie is often heard with sweet delight,
"Simon loves me. He loves me. Simon loves me. He loves me."
Over and over and over
I asked yesterday if Simon was her brother.
She said, "No, he is my friend."
One day last week I disciplined her, and her response was,
"Where's Simon? He loves me. Simon loves me. He loves me."
I told her I love her, too, and that if I didn't love her I wouldn't discipline her.
That was over her sweet curly head.
She is so affectionate and loves to crawl over people, nuzzle/cuddle, depending ...
nuzzle (she often pretends to be a dog or cat) cuddle (she sometimes forgets to role-play and is actually a little girl)

2 comments:

Matticus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matticus said...

Amy, go here for instructions on how to back up your blogger

http://theoldergeek.com/blogging-how-to/bloggerht/how-to-back-up-your-blogger-blog