Monday, February 02, 2009

Photo Shoots With Simon and Miscellaneous

Evie and Simon getting some pre-bedtime cuddles and giggles.
Explanation:  Simon has been begging to take pictures on the camera.
The other night at bedtime, I gave in and let him use the camera.
He was pleasantly careful with it.
He wanted to take turns taking pictures of each other.
He had interesting, er, poses.
I could only put a couple of the ones of me because from his angle (short) they were for the most part terribly unflattering.
We had lots of fun, and he really made me laugh!
Simon thought this pose (dead) was hilarious.
If you look at the corner of his lockers you can see part of a white extension cord.
He was disappointed in my lack of original poses, and he actually wanted me to pose with the electrical cord in one shot.
Doesn't everyone pose with a clothes-hanger?
Mom, you're so boring!
Grab the electrical cord.
That's fun.
Here was another middle of the night conversation with Simon when he came to our room.
*******
Simon:  Mom, do you have a question for me?
Me:  No
Simon:  I thought you did.
Me:  No.  Go back to bed.
Simon:  Do you have a hug for me?
Even Simon is out of creative poses.
Good Dad.
(playing "Bomb the Castle" with Simon)
Bad Dad
(Messing around on the ipod touch)
Actually I think Matt was changing the music that was playing in the living room.
 
Simon is serious about that shortcake batter.
Simon's grandma gave him this book for Christmas.
.
It covers the escapades of a rooster who finds his great-grandmother's (the Little Red Hen) cookbook.  It is titled, "The Joy of Cooking Alone" by L.R. Hen.
The rooster makes strawberry shortcake with the help of his less-than helpful friends
 (they kind of remind you of Amelia Bedelia.)
 
So, we did.
 (there's a recipe in the book)
At our house you will probably see these two things:
1)  Evie in some sort of sleeper pretty much all day (it's been cooold)
2)  Evie walking around the house with any sort of walker.  This walker makes the most sense, but she also uses our kitchen stools, a magazine rack, and Simon's carbox.  
At her 15 month well baby visit last week, the pediatrician told us that if she's not walking by the next visit (18 months) that we'll have to see a physical therapist.
I'm not worried about it; she'll be walking any day now.
See, another day, another pic.
Same walker.
Different sleeper.
Simon doesn't like to be cold and wet.
After his baths, he always wants to go into our room and get warm by our "fire."
He swaddles himself in towels and sits in front of our fake (yet warm) fire.
Evie is getting chattier everyday.
She is a great cuddle-bug and often crawls over to my feet and just looks up,
 wanting me to pick her up.  And, I do.  They're only this little once!
Evie's height has dropped to the 50th percentile, and her weight (18 lbs) is still in the 3rd percentile.  I thought she has been getting a little more pudgy and was expecting her weight percentile to jump; I was really surprised it was still in the 3rd percentile.  At this point, we'll never be out of the infant car seat, facing rear.
Simon doesn't look too enthralled here.
This is one of Evie's greatest expressions.
She is trying to make Simon laugh/smile.
Sometimes they both put blocks in their mouths and just laugh at each other hysterically.
It's really kind of gross, but it's some huge inside-joke between them now.
Simon took this photo of himself.
And Simon took this picture of the piano.
Disclaimer:  We had a Super Bowl Party that wasn't planned until the day before.
I'm putting the disclaimer on there because I told several people we were going somewhere that we didn't end up going.  We realized we probably wouldn't have ended up going anywhere b/c having the kids in another house means we would really be distracted watching them, and really wouldn't be getting any fellowship in.
And then this crazy persuasive guy named Sean approached us and told us to have one so they could come to it with their little ones (just kidding, sort of) and that's what we did.  It was really easy with all of our little kids and some other little kids because they mostly played outside and we could see them, but not really 'hear' them too much.  And most importantly, not worry about them so we could have fun!
And no one judged us for our lame tv. that is still surviving from Matt's college days.
I remember when Matt bought that tv at a wal-mart in Dayton, TN.
Yum-o.
Lunch on Saturday.
Thank you Kroger for avocados being 4/$1 last week!
My kids are eating them at almost every meal!
Simon and I were playing checkers in the kitchen on Friday while I was also making and assembling pizzas for lunch.
Simon spilled some grated cheese and had to do a little clean-up duty.
They both ended up getting shots at the doctor's later that day.
Simon is all ready for kindergarten now (as far as immunizations)!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Simon is so funny - like his Daddy - and Evie's such a doll! I wouldn't worry too much about Evie if the ped isn't. She'll get there. Someone has to be in the bottom percentage, and her walking is almost there.
Also, my Joshua is still rear facing and is almost two! That's by choice, though. It's just so much safer to keep them rear facing for as long as you can. My family picks on me for it, but I'd rather Joshua's legs crush than his neck.

Summer said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the picture of Evie with the block in her mouth.

Sarah said...

I LOVE your blog! It makes me feel not so far away from TX! I am so looking forward to being able to see everyone in person! Evie is so adorable and I love the learning to walk stage! My niece is pulling herself up on everything then getting stuck standing! :) Have a wonderful day!