Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Simon and Mommy have been busy


Yesterday Simon and I spent about 5 hours outside - cleaning the garage.
My motivation was pride - sad but true.
We're moving out a set of green lockers from the garage to Si's room hopefully soon which will require us getting help to move them out.   And, I was embarrassed at the garage's status; thus, my motivation.  It's a lot cleaner in there, now.


I keep meaning to put this tricycle up in the attic for Evie.
Si is definitely too big for it, but he wants to ride it everytime he sees it!


Simon and I "made" this.
It's a tomato plant "wire tree" that we decorated with Christmas lights.
It's pretty cool when lit, especially at night.
And I hope it is not a fire hazard or anything.


We rescued this picture from the garage and changed the artwork inside.
It now helps showcase Si's armor.
The armor is hanging on an old Pier One pot rack that was also rescued from the garage.

It reads, "This armor belongs to Sir Simon McDaniel, a brave and good knight."


A corner of our eclectic screened porch.
I have permission from Matt to be as eclectic as I want to be out there.
I will unleash all of my eclectic energy outside.


Si watering an ice cube tray for some reason.
He had collected special rocks in each of the compartments.

We received a really nice phone call Monday night.

Phone Rings
Amy:  Hello
Caller:  Hi, this is John Doe (name changed), may I speak to Matt McDaniel.
Amy:  May I ask who is calling?  (immediately realizes how silly that sounds as he just introduced himself, but I'm so used to screening calls at the dinner hour which are usually sales calls)
Caller:  Yes, I'm John Doe and I know of your family through a friend of a friend, and I am interested in supporting your family with Gospel for Asia and possibly a native missionary, too.
Amy:  (feels elated at God's faithfulness and lame for screening this call)  I express gratitude and immediately pass the phone on to Matt.

While Matt carries on a phone conversation in a quiet room, I feed the hungry kids and we pray for the food and thank God for the phone call.

And...I'm not kidding, I think Evie said, "Hallelujah!"


An original


Simon is really into spaceships.
He likes to add special features such as many windows.
There is usually a "controller man" in the front.
You might see one spaceship in the picture blasting a man.
Simon assured me that the man was a bad guy.


Simon is working on a huge stack of spaceships to be given out at Christmas.
He also wants a stack where people will see it and "it will make them happy to see all the spaceships."  He thought long and hard about where to place the stack - not knowing if people will enter thru the back or front door.  He has decided on the coffee table.  Don't worry, we're not charging admission or anything!


1 comment:

tony and teressa said...

Can I place an online order for a paper of spaceship art?

Teressa